Chapter 8

*Not edited*

Anu's Pov:

After getting freshen up I went towards my son's room, I sighed while scratching my head in distress as I walked towards his room which is in the upstairs.

Today I put him in his room, he would definitely throw a tantrum tomorrow, but I would like to sleep alone since...

I shook my head while biting my lower lip thinking I don't know whether I'll sleep or not, my sleep is far away and I don't want to disturb his sweet sleep.

I slowly opened his door, even the slightest noise could wake him up. He's a light sleeper just like his.... I shook my head as I leaned against the door to look at my son.

After a few minutes of watching him sleep like a creepy mother I went downstairs towards my room. As I lay down an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness started to crawl under my skin. I tried to sleep by turning and tossing around, but as I predicted earlier my sleep is far away. I slowly got up while leaning against the bed post as I closed my eyes.

Sleeping pills

My eyes snapped open when it crossed my mind, with these constant thinking about those people started to get on my nerves which ended up giving me a headache. I stepped down the bed and went towards my drawer to take my pills. My hand shivered while taking the bottle.

I really need this tonight or else I can't sleep. I need to take my sleeping pills. The last time I had this pill I overdosed myself after that I stopped taking it. I literally faced a panic attack, went into a negative spiral and came back. Now looking at the pills, it feels like I went back to square zero where I still hung on my past. I thought I left it behind me to move past my trauma. I just had nightmares here and there.

But after meeting them I realised that I was the person who was trying to hold on to the trauma.

If you tried to hide from it, it will just be there. It won't leave us. A part of me knew that I needed to stop thinking about these but still somewhere I took a deep breath as I kept the pills under the drawer and turned around to go back to bed only to hear some movement of footsteps padding up or down the stairs.

Did he wake up? I hurriedly went outside to look for my son. His room is upstairs while mine is in downstairs. As I moved out of my hallway to the stairs, I could sense some movements behind me, like the creak of a door being opened or closed making me stop midway. I gulped down the lump, as I tried to turn around to look.

Why it is so dark? I remember switching on the midnight lamp since my son woke up in the middle of the night to drink water even though we have a bottle near us he still goes to the kitchen to drink cold water from the fridge. I went near the window to look at the outside of my house. I wasn't able to see much, since every single light on our portico are off.

As I tried over to see outside I could see a vehicle parked in a very close proximity near our house. I stared at the vehicle as several thoughts started running on my head.

Why didn't I see it before?

Did he find us?

Is he here?

"Mom" a sudden sound of my son's voice startled me making me clutch my heart as it started to pound rapidly. I stumbled in my place holding the window rail and held my head in relief.

I took a deep breath to calm down my rapid heartbeats,as I turned around to scold him for scaring me. I found him rubbing his eyes while descending the stairs when he was a few steps near me, my breath hitched as my eyes to widen at the scene in front of me.

I blinked my eyes to check whether it was a hallucination or real. I wasn't able to form any words as I saw the scenes unfold in front of me. It was as if the time got frozen and I wasn't able to move as my breath got laboured.

I wanted to warn my son to turn away and run, "Mom, What are yo-" before he uttered those words, the person behind him clasped his mouth making both of us gasp.

A tear ran down on my cheek as I saw my son struggling to fight by clawing his hand on that person but who we are kidding, that the person is three times bigger than him. His loud cries made me snap out of my stance, "Nooo" I took a step towards them cautiously to free my son from that bastard. I couldn't see the intruder's face, as he was covered in a mask only showing his eyes.

I don't know how he broke into our house, but here he is with my son by holding a death grip on his mouth. I could see the fear in his eyes and the worst thing is I wasn't able to do anything. I don't want to do anything stupid that might cause my son's life.

My eyes watered as I struggled to form words. I need to free my son, I winced at the tight grip he has on my son.

"Please, leave him alone" my voice cracked. I saw him look behind me and I didn't care because at that moment all I wanted was for him to leave my son alone. "I hav- have money an- and some gold over there, please just take the- them and leave him alone. I beg yo- you take whatever you need just leave my son alone" but before I could say something or do something he plunged what seemed like a syringe on my son's neck making me cry in agony.

My baby.

"No... No... No... What the fuck is wrong with you?" I screamed in horror while moving towards him.

How can he be that brutal to a kid? That innocent child of mine didn't do anything. My son doesn't like syringe and this brute just plunged inside his neck as if it doesn't hurt.

Why would someone do something like this to a child? Why would they hurt a child?

I felt my body going paralyzed as I saw how my son's body slid down after struggling to get out of his hold, before I could hold him someone behind me tugged me closer to their back making my breath hitch at the smell of that familiar cologne.

Him!

He is here.

He found me.

He's in my house.

He has my son hostage.

I shivered in disgust as his hands that held me started to crawl on my waist which felt like a snake crawling on my skin making me shrink back. He chuckled near my ear after seeing my reaction.

I tried to break free from his hold but he pushed himself by hugging me tightly while keeping his chin on my shoulder he sighed. My breath got hitched when he sniffed near my neck as if breathing in me. He signed that person to take my son away from here.

"Missed me, sunshine"

*****************************

Word count: 1381

✨ Hola, How are you all?

✨ As said earlier I guess I can never keep up my promises on regular updates. Even though I wanted to update regularly it's not happening.

✨ I know this chapter is short but will try to update the next chapter soon....

✨ I haven't edited this chapter yet so might add few things later. I just wanted to publish it immediately so I uploaded it. Will recheck and edit later.

✨ Ok so back to the story how was the chapter after one and half months I have published it.

✨ Does it goes with the flow or what?

✨ Do you guys like it??

✨ Do let me know!!

✨ Feel free to point any mistakes if I made in any chapters, it will help me to correct it immediately.

✨ Love you so much guys!

✨ Please do vote, comment and share my story guys!

Until next time,
Jenikim7❤️