24. (CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!)

"I'm gonna protect you from this asshole, Y/N." Ghost said with a low growl, and Price was knocked out from one punch.

      —————————————————
Y/N

After a few weeks, Price never really messed with me or anyone ever again. He cheated on Kate as well, which doesn't surprise me at all. She also had a miscarriage, and I felt bad for her.

I was talking to Kate since her and I are pretty much the only girls at base, and she had moved on from Price, but she wasn't over the fact that she had a miscarriage. 

I'm kinda happy that she doesn't have to give birth to that asshole's baby because a miniature Price running around? Oh no thank you.

Kate was devastated about the whole situation, and it was honestly understandable.

"Kate, it's okay," I reassured her. "He's an asshole anyway.." I slightly scoffed, and she just sighed.

"I just.. I feel so blind.." She whispered. "I didn't think so little of Price, and I most certainly didn't know he would cheat on me, and.. I didn't know he was with you whenever I started being with him," Kate admitted, and I just listened closely to her words. "I'm so sorry, Y/N.. I never wanted to hurt you by making Price cheat on you.." Her words were genuine, and the look in her eyes showed the solemnly she meant.

(I hope I used the word 'solemnly' the right way, lol) 

I, of course, accepted Kate's apology, and I reassured her that it was okay and that I'm over Price now.

____________________________________________

A FEW MONTHS LATER!

24th December (I know Christmas is often celebrated on the 25th, but since I'm a Swede, I thought 24th would sound good!)

It was Christmas day, and everyone was happy and giddy about the day, all other than Ghost, like always. He was distant, and he wasn't his typical distant self, but he was more distant than before. I approach him, and his cold gaze meets mine as he leans against the wall with his back and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Hey, Ghost." I say softly as I smile gently at him, and his gaze slightly softened at the sight of me and how gentle I actually was.

"What do you want?" He asked coldly, like usual.

"I got you a little something." I tell him as I held up something wrapped in red Christmas wrapping paper, and all over the red color, there were green Christmas trees that was decorated and had a star on top, as well as small, green Christmas presents.

He looked at the wrapped present in my hands before his gaze met mine again, "I didn't get you anything."

I shook my head and held the present closer to him. "I don't need anything in return, but I want you to have this." I admitted, and he let out a soft sigh.

"Fine.." He muttered as he straightened up and took it from my hands, unwrapped it, and stared at the now unwrapped gift.

"Do you like it?" I asked him, and his gaze met mine. Instead of his gaze being cold, it shows appreciation and adoration.