Chapter 22....

"Bachelorette party time!" Tasha cheered from the front seat of the Uber.

The four of us were currently on our way to the Magic Mike themed club but Josie had no clue that's where we were headed. She still thinks we are going to a club for a simple girls night out. She's in for a big surprise.

We were all wearing our designated sashes that Tasha ordered a few weeks ago. Tasha did a great job at picking the right ones for each of us. Josie in 'Wifey Material', Tasha in 'Bad Influence', Sydni in 'Designated Drunk', and lastly me in 'Sexy and Single'.

We all even decided to wear black dresses to match. If anyone saw us on the street they would clearly know we were having a bachelorette party. From the look our Uber driver gave us the moment we got in I think we will be receiving a lot more.

While the girls were animatedly talking I was trying my best to shove unwanted memories away. Memories that I wasn't expecting to come forward, yet wasn't surprised by. As the days lead up to Josie and Wyatt's wedding the more my past came knocking. A past I wanted nothing to do with.

Just like wedding dress shopping I was going to do everything in my power to not ruin tonight for Josie. It was her bachelorette party and she didn't need me here bringing down the mood. So in order to do that I was going to shove my past far away and just enjoy tonight.

"You okay?" Josie nudged my arm, sending me a concerned look.

"I'm good. Excited about tonight." I sent her smile. Praying it didn't look as fake as it felt.

Probably not smart shoving all these feelings down and ignoring them but I never said I was smart to begin with. I've survived the last 29 years doing so and more than likely not gonna change that anytime soon.

"So Josie," Tasha said, taking the conversation away from me. "We have a surprise for you." She turned completely in her seat to give us all a wide smile.

"You have your scheming smile on. What did you do?" Josie narrowed her eyes at her maid of honor.

"We aren't going to a club."

"We're going to jail tonight aren't we."

"We are going to Magic Mike!" Tasha all but yelled as the Uber came to a stop.

"Surprise!" Sydni said with jazz hands making me snort.

"Wait, seriously?" A wide smile appeared on Josie's face as she looked at each of us. "I've heard so much about it!"

"Tasha's the one who set it all up." I added making Tasha grin.

"Just you wait." With that Tasha opened her door and climbed out. Mirroring Josie's excited grin I stepped out of the car, the Uber telling us to have a good night. As soon as we stepped onto the sidewalk I noticed the line in front of the building. The Magic Mike sign glowing above us.

With my arm hooked with Sydni's we followed Tasha and Josie to the front door. Behind us I heard people complaining, one even saying we were cutting in line. I couldn't hold back my smug look as we passed by the line of people. Most were women, with a few men sprinkled throughout, and they were not thrilled. I would be too if I was the one waiting in a huge line on a Friday night to get in.

When we got to the door all it took was a look at Tasha and we were in.

"I always forget how much of a pull you have." I commented as the door shut behind us.

"Pays to have assholes as parents." Tasha sent a smirk over her shoulder.

We only walked a few feet before we were met with another door with someone standing in front of it. As Tasha gave her name to the guy in front of us, Sydni all but bounced on her toes.