Chapter 35....

We went our separate ways after another quick kiss. Promising to see each other in the next two hours when the event wrapped up.

Thankfully those two hours flew by. People slowly started trickling out of the building as the clock neared 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Half of the kids were being carried out from being so exhausted and the other half were dragging their feet not wanting to leave. After Landon said they were welcome back any time to skate they got a bit of pep back in their step.

It took a bit but finally the place was cleared out. All of the hockey team but Wyatt, Trevor and Bryton had left. Landon thanked them all profusely for taking the time to be here today since the team was in the middle of Playoffs now.

"We'll that was fun." Tasha said as we all gathered near the ice rink.

"The best part was definitely Mateo being tackled by the kids." Trevor smirked over at Mateo who was sitting on a bench holding an ice pack to his head.

"Yeah it was so fucking fun." Mateo muttered.

With the event winding down Mateo put on skates and got on the ice with some of the kids. Just like last year all the kids immediately took to him and pretty much swarmed him on the ice. While he was trying to skate away, calling out for Josie to help him, the kids somehow knocked him off his feet and he landed on the ice hitting his head.

He didn't hit his head too hard but just enough to leave a bump. He's been hit harder playing football but he didn't stop any of us from fawning over him. Pretty sure he played it up just so Josie could feel him up.

"Poor baby." Jo cooed, moving to sit down beside Mateo. He pouted his lips and laid his head on her shoulder before shooting Wyatt a smirk.

"Little shit." Wyatt cursed his brother. The others snickered.

I leaned back against Landon's chest as everyone talked. My feet hurt from walking in my heels all day and my hand ached a little. As if sensing I was tired Landon kissed the top of my chest and wrapped his arms around me.

Everyone was mid-conversation when I caught sight of Evelyn heading towards us but she wasn't alone. I felt my eyes widen as I stared at the two. Oh shit.

Across from me Tasha looked at me mouthing 'what's wrong'. I made a little motion to turn around as the pair got closer to us. Tasha peeked over her shoulder before whipping back around.

I stiffened in Landon's arm as Evelyn and Coach came up to the group. This may not go well.

"Hi everyone." Evelyn greeted. I watched as Trevor and Bryton stiffened when they caught sight of their Coach.

"Oh, hey, coach." Bryton greeted but his eyes darted to Wyatt.

"Boys." Coach greeted. "Ladies." His voice softened slightly when he greeted us girls.

"I thought you left." Josie smiled in Coach's direction. Steven. His name is Steven. I mentally told myself. I hadn't even known his first name until a few weeks ago.

"There's something I want to tell you all." Evelyn spoke up, looking at her sons nervously. Those of us who knew were standing there awkwardly. Both Trevor and Bryton looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

"Is something wrong?" Landon asked from behind me. I could feel the tension in him and didn't have to look at him to know his mind was going through every worse case scenario.

"No, no, nothings wrong." I could tell she was trying to work up the courage to say it. There's no other reason for her and Coach to still be here if they weren't going to say they are seeing each other.