Chapter 34....

Three Weeks Later....

"Thank you all for coming to Hockey for Kids. This is one our favorite events of the year and because of you all we have the biggest turn out yet."

I stood off to the side of the crowd as my boyfriend talked. I knew he was nervous but he didn't look like it. We've spent the last few days going over his little speech until he could do it in his sleep.

His eyes met mine briefly and I shot him a wide smile. I couldn't be more proud of him. He put this entire event together all to help kids. And seeing how many people were here right now meant even more.

"Feel free to get some skates and go on the ice. There are food trucks outside along with some games. There will be items for auction scattered around so make sure to place a few bids." Landon gestured around him at the tables filled with items people have donated. "Remember all the money raised today will go help kids who need money to play hockey. Just from ticket sales we were able to help fifteen kids get gear to play this season."

At his words a cheer went through the crowd.

"So go have fun and if you need anything let me, or any of these off to the side, know." Landon pointed towards me and the others behind me. I flashed a small smile as me, Josie, Tasha, Sydni, Evelyn, and Emily raised their hands so everyone knew who to come too.

With that Landon stepped down from the little step he was on as the crowd slowly dispersed. A good chunk of the crowd were little kids. All eager to get on the ice and be apart of the main event here at Hockey for Kids.

"Five...four...three...two...one." Tasha whispered next to me as we watched a huge group of kids head straight for Wyatt, Trevor and Bryton. The three of them standing near the entrance of the ice rink.

They weren't the only ones here from the Knights hockey team. The entire team turned out for this event. The players were scattered about at different booths, games, etc, but Wyatt, Trevor and Bryton were definitely the ones the kids wanted to be with.

"Kids just worship them." Josie remarked, smiling at her husband who was squatting down to talk to a few boys.

"We won't be seeing them until tonight." Sydni wasn't wrong. From what I remember of the charity event last year it went late and the guys were constantly surrounded by kids and their parents. Everyone wanting pictures and autographs from the team.

Couldn't blame them because no other team does something like this. Typically if you want to meet a player or do something interactive with them you have to pay an arm and a leg for it. Not for Landon's event. Tickets were limited and there were definitely more people here than last year. Once word gets out that the top hockey team in the league is at an event like this people start flocking.

"Guess I better get to work." Josie held up her camera. She was here to take pictures for the magazine again this year.

"Speaking of work has anyone seen Mateo?" I asked, looking around for a familiar mop of sandy hair.

"He messaged me saying he would be here any minute. Something about school work he had to finish first." Evelyn supplied.

"Oh good. I have him helping the desk with Emily this year." I looked down at the clipboard in my hand, going over where everyone was suppose to be. I barely noticed everyone leaving to go to their designated spots.

"Sweet of you to offer to help this year." Tasha said next to me.

"After seeing his workload last week he definitely needs the help." Landon didn't necessary ask for help, something he's trying to work on, I sorta just bulldozed my way in and took over. Don't get me wrong Landon was doing great setting everything up but seeing the stress he was under I wanted to help in any way I could.