𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

AUTHOR'S  POV

AUTHOR'S  POV

In the bustling college corridors, Ishita's heart skipped a beat as she caught sight of Ruhan, her best friend she hadn't seen in what felt like ages. Excitement and nostalgia flooded her as memories of their past friendship came rushing back. Without a second thought, she hurried over to him, a smile lighting up her face.

"Ruhan! It's been so long!" Ishita exclaimed, reaching out to hug him tightly.

Ruhan returned the embrace, a grin spreading across his face. "Ishuu, I've missed you! How have you been?"

As they made their way to class together, Ruhan turned to Ishita with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Ishu, you're still my best friend, right?"

Ishita took a sip of water before replying, a puzzled expression crossing her face. "Uh, yeah of course, Ruhan. Why do you ask?"

Ruhan's expression shifted, his tone suddenly serious. "Well, I wanted to tell you something... I'm in a relationship."

Ishita's eyes widened in surprise, and she choked on her water, coughing and sputtering as she tried to regain her composure. "What?!" she exclaimed, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand "How come you're in a relationship and never bothered to tell me?"

Ruhan winced at the water splashing onto his face, wiping it off with a grimace. "Eww, Ishu, really?" he muttered, shooting her a playful glare.

Ignoring his reaction, Ishita pressed on, her tone tinged with frustration. "Seriously, Ruhan, how could you keep something like this from me?"

Ruhan sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, Ishu. It's just... complicated."

Ishita's anger softened at the genuine remorse in Ruhan's eyes. "Complicated how?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

Ruhan hesitated for a moment before continuing. "Well, you know I've had a crush on Aditya Kapoor for the longest time, right?"

Ishita nodded, remembering Ruhan's infatuation with their senior. "Yeah, I remember. What about it?"

Ruhan took a deep breath, steeling himself before speaking. "Well, it turns out he feels the same way about me. He proposed to me three days ago, and I said yes."

Ishita's eyes widened in disbelief, her shock evident on her face. "Wait, what? Aditya Kapoor proposed to you? And you said yes?"

Ruhan nodded, a sheepish smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, I know it's unexpected, but... I couldn't say no to him, Ishu. I really like him."

Ishita's anger softened as she took in Ruhan's words, her heart aching for her friend's vulnerability. "I understand, Ruhan. I'm happy for you, I really am. But I wish you had told me sooner."

Ruhan reached out to squeeze Ishita's hand, gratitude shining in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Ishu. I should have told you earlier. Can you forgive me?"

Ishita smiled, squeezing his hand in return. "Of course, Ruhan. Friends forgive each other, right?"

Ruhan's smile widened, relief flooding his features. "Right, Thank you Ishu."

As they entered the classroom together, Ishita couldn't help but feel happy for Ruhan and his newfound relationship.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Meanwhile, across campus Abhimanyu sat with Aditya, his expression dark with anger. As Aditya confessed to his newfound relationship with Ruhan, Abhimanyu's fists clenched at his sides, his emotions swirling in a tumultuous storm.

"Why are you silent?" Aditya asked, his voice tinged with nervousness. "Talk to me, Abhi"

With a deep breath, Abhimanyu's anger bubbled to the surface. "Now what? You want me to dance for joy?" he snapped, his words laced with bitterness.

Aditya recoiled at the intensity of Abhimanyu's reaction, his eyes widening in alarm. "N-no, of course not" he stammered, shaking his head frantically.

"I just want you to meet Ruhan and his best friend"

From opposite ends of the college, Ruhan asked the same thing to Ishita and both sighed in resignation, their emotions raw and tumultuous. "Fine," they both muttered in unison from the other sides. "We'll meet them."

༝ ˚ 。⋆ 𓇼 ⋆。 ˚ ༝

That all for today, thankyou for reading
author ita

Instagram: itaawrites