𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘴

TW: abuse, smut, toxic relationships

Time stopped. There was no movement in the air. I numbly blinked my eyes. Shock. I was in shock. I gasped and shut my eyes as my boyfriends fist gave a blow to my right cheek. This was one of the many nights where we argue over absolutely nothing and he takes out of all of frustrations on my body. Later on, I would sit in the bath and look at the bruises covering my body. I would stay away from my friends and family for a few weeks to let my face regain its natural rosy appearance.  But right now, none of that mattered.

Wyatt, my boyfriend, grabbed a fist full of my shirt and dragged me to the kitchen. He stood me upright and yanked my head to the direction of the sink. "Look at what you did Bitch!" My eyes peeled down to a broken plate that I accidentally dropped. Tears welled in my eyes. I couldn't make eye contact so I focused on my hands. Wyatt was a good guy, really. We just had some problems to work out. I didn't love when he hurt me. But, I loved the way his soft brown hair fell over his face in smooth waves. I loved the way his chiseled body felt against me when I snuggled up to him at night, and he leaned down to kiss my hair. But right now he was a completely different person. As if a switch had gone off in his brain.

"I'm. .. i'm sorry i'll fix it." I gazed up to meet his eyes finally. He softened and let go of my collar.
"No i'm sorry, Cass. I've had a bad couple of days at work and it's catching up to me. You don't deserve such a shitty boyfriend." I chewed my lip in hesitation. I shut my eyes as tears rolled down my cheeks and Wyatt's thumb wiped them away. "Come here Cass." He hugged me tightly into his chest and the tears started spilling down his shirt. I turned my face up to him and he cupped my chin in his hands and softly pressed his lips into mine. I gave in and kissed him back.

He pulled away and with a sloppy grin he said, "I promise we'll get better and be happy again." He kissed my forehead, "I'm gonna hop in the shower." He added and I nodded with a forced smile.
Once I was alone in the kitchen I fell into a chair and took in our small apartment. There wasn't many colors. In fact, it was quite bland. We'd only been here for a month but it still didn't feel like home. I caught a glimpse of a framed picture of me and Wyatt in high school. The girl in the picture has flawless, rosy skin. She was curvy and even a little plump. I didn't feel like that girl anymore. She was so happy and vibrant, and i'm so lost and tired.
Wyatt and I met three years ago in sophomore year. We were both fifteen and I thought we were madly in love. Sometimes I still feel that way. After we graduated Wyatt insisted that we move to Seattle for Washington University. I got accepted but he unfortunately didn't, which prompted a painful argument. My mother lives in Omak with my sister. I stopped visiting her on the weekends, but we occasionally still call.

I packed my bag for class and headed out the door before Wyatt could tell me bye. I'd pay for that later but I decided to get to class on time. My strawberry blonde hair was straightened and I applied mascara in the car. Honors calculus was my first class of the day and I absolutely dreaded it. Not that it was hard, or that I was struggling, I almost always got good grades. My professor was an asshole tho and made the class significantly harder to attend.

I arrived on campus, turned my car off and jumped out. The crisp, autumn air whipped my face. I took in the flawless appearance of the vibrant colors around me. The air smelled earthy and damp. The leaves were turning red and gave a Hallmark movie appearance. I loved autumn.

I hastily made my way to class and opened the door. Thankfully, I was one of the first to arrive so I didn't have to pass through my classmates judgy stares. I took in the fluorescent lighting and long tables set around the room.

"Cass! I got a coffee for you." My only friend in college, Katia beckoned me over. Katia was the definition of breathtaking. She had olive toned skin, and thick chestnut brown hair that flowed to her hips. To say that she fit the male gaze was an understatement. She handed me a small coffee cup with the Eats and Treats Espresso bar logo stamped on it. "Thank you!" I plopped down next to her and unzipped my bag to take out my laptop. "So. I was thinking since you don't have many friends here- What? You don't." I gave her a side glance that suggested I do have friends. But she was right. I don't. "Anyways," she waved me off. "A frat house is throwing a huge party tonight and I want you to come with me." She gave me a pleading grin. "I don't know what Wyatt's doing tonight. And even if I did, I don't have anything to wear." I shrugged. "So? Wyatt can come too and I have plenty of things you can wear!" I knew Wyatt would not come and I probably couldn't tell him if I was going either. Hopefully he'd be working tonight, as he's been picking up extra shifts at Italian Rut as a busboy. Katia was very persistent so I knew I wouldn't be able to win. "Fine." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Yay! I have a perfect black dress you can wear." She squealed and hugged me.