𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

I attempted to slow my breathing down as Zion gently lifted his hand from my mouth.
"I didn't mean to scare you, I just didn't want anyone to know i'm here." He apologized. I whipped around to face him. "What the fuck Zion? I thought I was gonna die!" I sputtered. My heart racing at what just happened. The door was already shut, I assumed he had closed it when he was behind me.

"We need to talk." He said seriously. His face growing more grim. Whatever it was it must have been serious enough to attempt at giving me a fucking heart attack.

Being in such close proximity to Zion did scare me. My mind went to all the possibilities of what he could do to me while being alone with him. I knew that there was something dangerous about him. I had sensed that from the first day we met.

I rolled my eyes and seated myself on the corner of my bed. "What about?" I questioned. Growing more anxious by the second.
"I know you know." He replied. Sending chills down my spine. I wasn't sure if we were on the same page about what I may or may not know.
"I don't know anything about you, Zion. The only thing I know is that you're a fucking creep and you scared the shit out of me." I quipped.

Zion drew closer to me, darkly looking into my eyes. His face was inches from mine. The familiar smell of mint overwhelmed me. He put his arms onto either side of me, his palms on the bed.
"I know you know what i've done." His gravely voice tested. I felt everything in my body going numb with fear.

This was all the confirmation that I needed to know we were on the same page. My surprised expression grew fierce. "What if I do?" I taunted him. He expected fear from me and I was not going to give it to him. I didn't owe him anything.

"That's gonna be a problem, Princess." He lifted his arms from around me and adopted a cocky expression. fuck you. I wanted to retort but thought better of it. In reality, he had no way of knowing if I would tell anyone. For him, I was a liability.

Something about his demeanor told me that he wouldn't kill me. But I could never be too sure.

"So what are you gonna do then?" I was already expecting him to say he'd have to kill me.

He snorted. "You think I want to kill you?" He asked jokingly. As if this was some comedy show. He began to shake his head, "No Cassidy, I think we can help each other."

I couldn't think of a single way that we could possibly have any companionship. Ever. There was nothing he had that I wanted, and vice versa. My eyes grew wide at the thought, "How?" I questioned, genuinely curious.

I noticed his blonde hair had grown to fall over his eyes again. His hair looked so soft I wanted to reach out and run my fingers through it. I shook the thought away remembering what he just confessed to me.

He examined my face, a strange expression dawning on him. "Let's just say that I want to protect you. And you need my protection, right?" My eyebrows lifted in utter confusion. No. I did not need him.

"What could I possibly need you to protect me from?" I probed. His eyes grew grave again. There was something I didn't know.
As if sensing my thoughts he replied, "Cass. There are things that you don't yet understand and I can't exactly explain them. But I need you to trust me."

I didn't understand at all. I didn't feel as if I was in any danger knowing that Wyatt was gone now. While not all of my anxieties weren't relieved at him dying, I definitely did feel a huge weight lifted off of me.
"You have two choices. Remain a liability for me, or work with me." He stated.

I realistically had one choice. I couldn't go the rest of my life knowing his secret and constantly checking over my shoulder to see if he was running up to stab me. After all, he did the world a favor by ending Wyatt and his measly existence.

I felt like I was pledging my soul to Satan, "I'll work with you." I whispered, completely defeated.

He appreciated my answer. He began to leave "Good. I'll be getting back in touch soon." He turned to face me again, adding, "And do me a favor, if you think someone is in your dorm next time don't open the fucking door." I rolled my eyes at this.

After Zion left I began considering what had just happened and the severity of it all. Somehow in the span of twenty minutes he had admitted to killing Wyatt and roped me into it.

I heard a key grind into the lock and my heart began racing, worried that he may have come back. To my relief, Lisey walked in with a friendly smile on her face.

"Get dressed I want you to meet a few of my people." She greeted. I decided that going out would be nice after the interaction I just had.

I excitedly agreed and picked out my outfit. A black mini skirt paired with a black cami top, white sneakers and a white Coach handbag.

Lisey and her friends had wanted to meet at a local bar, and even though I still didn't have a fake ID I thought there would still be some fun in it.

After doing my makeup and getting dressed Lisey and I made our way out to her car in the dorm parking lot and began driving towards downtown.

. . . . . . .

hii! should i do a Zion pov??
Also feedback would be greatly appreciated :)  ty for ur support 🩷