Chapter 38

He was lying in the snow. The bullet in his back was hurting him badly. He did not have the capability to move a bone. Then he saw someone coming towards him. He knew he saw the face but did not remember it.

"Help me!" He said.

The person came near him and laughed a cruel laugh. There were words too, but he was not able to decipher. And then, all blank.

Sanskar woke up with a cold sweat on his face. He looked at the time. It was 2:30. He was having these recurrent nightmares since his return. Who was that person!

A strange feeling of anxiety was taking over him. His psychiatrist had informed him about this anxiety. But no amount of preinformation would ease his anxiety now. He felt a sudden panic too. He did not have any idea but he knew he had to catch the person anyhow otherwise he would harm......... his mind suddenly stopped. For the first time, he realised the person wanted to harm Swara. And for the first time from his past memories, Swara's face flashed in front of him.

He was tensed for Swara before his memory gave away. But why! Who would decide to harm Swara! And the person knew what Swara meant to him!

He immediately reached out to his phone. He did not think anything and dialed Swara's number immediately. But cancelled the call.

Sanskar! She must be tired. His brain said.

I had to agree, though reluctantly, with the brain , his heart replied.

Sanskar was too distraught when he saw Swara calling him. He smiled, cursed himself for waking her up at this time and picked up the call.

"Sanskar! You fine na?" Swara asked. There was a visible worry in her voice. And it was obvious. He had called her for the first time this late at night. He was sure too, that he would never have called her at this time earlier in a relationship too.

"I am fine! You sleep!" Sanskar replied. He knew he couldn't lie. But he did not want to increase her anxiety too.

"No! I know you are not!" Swara replied.

"Swara! You must be tired. Please sleep!" Sanskar said.

"Sanskar! It's okay. I understand you don't want to tell me. But trust me, it's all over." Swara's words were calm and composed, "You are with your family. You are safe here!"

Swara's words were calming. He felt as if his panic was getting subsided. But he wanted to tell her that it was her safety he feared for!

"Thank you Swara!" Sanskar said.

"It's okay! And you are free to call me anytime. I will be there for you!" Swara replied.

As she cancelled the call, though with calmness, Sanskar begin to think what could be someone's enmity with Swara! Yes, for few cases and all, she must have gathered a few opponents. But who must be this cruel.

He shuddered a little just by the thought of any harm to Swara. He then looked at her photograph in his phone. Her innocent eyes, sweet face and soft demeanor, if a person still could think of even hurting her, he would surely not fit to be categorised as human.

Next morning, Sanskar was having breakfast and Laksh was busy selecting sarees and jwellery to be given to Ragini from their side.

"Kya ma! This green one is much better. But you are placing this red one above!" Laksh was eating Sujata's brains.

"Offo! Do one thing! You decorate Ragini's gift box. Okay?" Annapurna said, "Thank God Ragini is very understanding. Otherwise anyone else would have broke up with you till now."