Chapter 44

Sanskar closed the door as Laksh went out. While changing, he was trying to absorb Laksh's words. He always knew Laksh had more ideas about dealing with emotions. He was always the clueless one.

He tried to remember his old self who was deeply in love with Swara already. How would he have reacted in this situation!

Your memories are lost! Not your personality!

Swara's words echoed in his ears again. She was right. His older self would have reacted the same! But neither his older self, nor the new one was correct! He needed to cater her emotional needs as well. Thank God Laksh saved him from doing damage beyond repair.

Sitting next to Swara, he gently covered her properly with comforter. Suddenly Swara stirred in her sleep. Turning herself towards him, she gently opened her eyes.

"You woke up! What happened?" Sanskar asked.

"Nothing!" Swara said and smiled, "You came so late. Is everything fine?"

Sanskar wanted to tell her about the impending danger that was awaiting to harm her. He wanted to tell her how frightened he was right now for her! He wanted to tell her what just one day of absence of her voice in his life could do to him! But he knew it was not the right time.

"Yes!" He replied.

"Lier!" Swara again said and suddenly realised where she was!

"Oh! I am sorry!" Swara said suddenly trying to get up from bed but fell down back on it immediately.

"No need Swara! I am comfortable this way too!" Sanskar blurted and without letting her say anything, he kept his finger on her lips, "It's not the time to think much. It's not the time to say much! Please take rest and get better soon!"

"But...."

"Shhhh! I said na I am comfortable. In fact, I feel better this way!"

Sanskar's words met with confused eyes of Swara. Sanskar realised what he just said.

She will think you as a creepy pervert, his brain screamed.

This is the truth. Look how warm and comfortable you are feeling with her, his heart longed.

This is not the way you should have disclosed things to her, brain again yelled

You shut up! See, how beautiful she is looking with her eyes closed. Heart smiled.

Swara had indeed fallen back asleep. Sanskar calmed down the chatter of his heart and brain, corrected Swara's pillow, turned towards her and closed his eyes.

It was morning. Sanskar's eyes opened at his usual time. But he did not find Swara near him on bed. He quickly got up just to find her standing near the mirror getting ready.

"You got up! How are you feeling?" Sanskar said, "And what was the need to take a bath this early in morning?"

Swara's hair were wet too. She was shivering a little.

"I did not want to. But shower was turned on. So, I got drenched completely." Swara replied.

Sanskar got a deja vu. He got a flashback in which, Swara was saying the same thing to him, but in a hotel setting.

"What happened?" Swara asked.

"Did it happen before too?" Sanskar asked.

Swara smiled. A glitter beautified her gaze.

"Yes!" She replied, "in Manali! I..."

"Went out to get medicine for me in drenched hair amidst smow storm!" Sanskar did not let her conplete the sentence.