Chapter 47

The phone slipped from Swara's hands. Her mind got numb for a few minutes. She did not realise when Ram picked up the phone from the floor and let out a yelp. She even didn't hear the wails of Sujata and Annapurna. She did not realise when Ragini held her shoulders and shook her violently. She was standing like a stone figure there. She was not able to decipher what had just happened. She was with Sanskar last night. He himself made her sleep. She remembered the way he kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly. And now, again the same fear of losing him!

"Swara!" Ragini again shook her. And finally, Swara looked up. The reality struck her like lightening and she immediately realised the gravity of the situation. Sanskar was in grave danger. Her eyes welled up again and she looked at Ragini with tears in her eyes.

"Ragu!" Swara could say this much only before she was engulfed in a big hug from her.

"Laksh will find him out!" Ragini assured her though she herself was not sure of anything.

Swara sat on the couch. The whole trauma was getting too much for her to be absorbed. Those people have taken her husband and now teasing and taunting her like this. Only a maniac would do this. Only a maniac would fall so low for revenge.

And suddenly, a pair of maniac eyes flashed in front of her. Her foggy brain could not remember to whom those eyes belong, but her heart was trying to say something to her.

---------------

Sanskar tried to open his eyes. His whole body was writhing in pain. His head was throbbing. But suddenly, as he tried to move his hands, he felt a strong prick in his forearm and before he could know, her eyes closed again.

"Keep him sedated. If he regains consciousness, he will not leave us!" A goon like man said.

"And mam will kill the rest of us. By the way, what is she going to do with him?" Another man asked.

"Maybe his brother, Kabir!"

--------------

Kabir was sitting in his celler. Guard opened the door. Laksh and Shekhar entered the cellar.

"Kabir!" Shekhar said, "Had your breakfast?"

Kabir nodded.

"These people are not teasing you much na!" Shekhar again said.

Kabir did not reply. Shekhar signed Laksh and sat in front of Kabir. Laksh took out his phone and showed it to Kabir.

"What?" Kabir asked, "What should I do with it?"

"Open it! I have removed the password." Laksh replied and took a deep breath to keep himself calm.

He opened the phone. But as he looked at wallpaper, his face faded.

"You know the doctor you ran away from, is my wife!" Laksh said looking at Kabir with deep expression, "She told me something about you."

Shekhar forwarded tea to Kabir.

"Kabir! We both know you are not guilty. We know you are hiding something. Please tell us!"

Kabir did not budge.

"Kabir please! Your silence will take away my brother again from me!" This time Laksh's voice was not of an officer but of an elder brother who was crying for his younger sibling.

"They have taken Sanskar!"

Shekhar's words met with horrific expressions from Kabir. He looked at Shekhar and then at Laksh.

"Yes! They have taken him away." Laksh too said and showed him the photograph. Kabir let out a sigh and then hid his face in his palm.

"Please Kabir!"