I have a problem.

This is serious.  Yes, it is.  

I just saw a video regarding the latest Vivziepop controversy (yup, there's ANOTHER one), but this time on a topic that is a bit worrying for me.  It is regarding the misinterpretation and popularization of voodoo, or voodou.  Now, as someone with a character who uses voodou (Red from the Trivia Murder Party series), this got me involved because of the way I may accidentally bring negative light to the religion.  I'm very worried that the way I'm using it in stories can be considered offensive, wrong, and racist.  

First of all, I want to say that I never meant to come off as insulting towards anyone- that goes against the things I stand for.  I always strive to show respect towards everyone.  I strive to be inclusive, if anything, which is why the Chaos Club group is so diverse in race, religion, gender, etc.  Now that that's out of the way, I wanted to address how specifically I have been using the concept of voodou.

It's as simple as the functionality of voodoo dolls.  That's all it's been.  But these dolls don't even belong to me- they've been voodoo dolls since Jackbox Games created them.  (Or at least it's heavily implied, please let me know if I'm wrong).  I have always tried to stay as accurate as possible to the game while making it a more realistic scenario in any ways I can (obviously they're still semi-supernatural but it's just as much as Nightmare on Elm Street or Chucky is).  

Sorry if I'm kind of going off topic, but the point I am trying to make is that I've been using what I've been given, but am I doing it wrong?  And if so, how can I fix it or make it less offensive, if it is seen as such?  I really want to do this right in whatever ways I can, and I apologize if I have been unintentionally offensive to anyone.  

Thank you all and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ace