Alternate mastermind au and art :)

I was gonna make a oneshot book for Danganronpa but only really felt like writing out one and drawing out another.  Besides I don't ever really write fanfiction about characters that aren't mind so I just figured I'd put it in my art book!

Warning: massive wall of text incoming because I'm putting the entire oneshot here

All Makoto heard were Kiyotaka's screams as the room was illuminated in bright green light.  He couldn't even find the strength to cover his ears.  He could only watch as the motorcycle spun faster and faster, and Taka's agonized howls rang louder and louder in his eardrums until finally, the brightness of the room was restored to normal after a sudden burst of blinding light.  As Makoto's eyes adjusted, he saw the motorcycle collapse in the cage, its rider gone.  And as he saw the machine next to it eject a tub of butter, he heard Taka's shrill voice drop to gut-wrenching sobs as the Ultimate Moral Compass fell to his knees.

He swore he could hear him gasping out "Mondo..." through his strangled cries.

***

Taka wouldn't eat.  No matter how many times Yasuhiro brought him food or tried to coax him into taking a bite of something, anything, it was always the same.  Taka would either push it away or smack it onto the floor.  It wasn't that he was trying to be rude; it was clear that he was scared of what could or would be waiting for him in the food.  More specifically, what kind of butter could be in the food.

The sight of the strong young man being reduced to almost nothing before his very eyes made Makoto feel sick.  He'd tried talking to Taka, he'd tried to offer him a bite to eat, but all of his efforts were futile. He couldn't help but worry about what would happen to him.  Would starvation take him first, or himself?

***

Taka was dead.  Makoto gaped at his lifeless body on the floor, blood oozing from an unknown spot beneath his head of dark hair.  Finding Hafumi's body had been bad enough, but now Taka too...

And yet something in Taka's expression made him seem at peace.  As if death had been a relief from his suffering.  Makoto's heart ached for the poor moral compass.  He had a feeling he knew exactly what had been the driving force of Taka's extreme depression.  It was safe to say that it had been the death of him, too.

Well, at least they were reunited again.

***

"Monokuma, the mastermind behind this killing game... is Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Fashionista!" Makoto declared, pointing at the bear accusingly.

"Final answer?" Monokuma challenged.

Makoto glanced over at Aoi, Byakuya, Toko, and Hiro.  Each one gave him a nod.

"Final answer," he confirmed confidently.

"Upupupu!  Let's see about that!" Monokuma leaned over in his throne to pull the lever on the slot machine with every student's face.

Slowly, the machine stopped spinning as each wheel landed on Junko's face.  But instead of it lighting up with the word "CONGRATULATIONS" and spitting out tokens...

It lit up with a bright red "GAME OVER".

"Oh deary dear!  Looks like you all were wrong!" Monokuma laughed.

"What the hell?" Hiro exclaimed, shocked. "Who is it, then?"

Monokuma's unwavering smile seemed to grow bigger. "Oh, I suppose it doesn't hurt to tell you!  The real mastermind behind this killing game is..."

A cloud of fog began to waft into the room, encasing everything in a thick haze.  Once it cleared, Makoto was able to see, lounging in Monokuma's throne, a tall figure in a long half-black, half-white jacket, tall platform boots with buckles, black and white fingerless gloves...