A thing to address.

So I've been seeing a lot of people venting and wanted to write everything right here for everyone to see.

No, I myself am not venting.  I'm thankful to currently be in a good place.

In fact, I wanted to apologize.  I'm sorry for not saying anything sooner.  And I'm sorry for being a coward and letting past incidents prevent me from trying to help more people.  I won't get into that.

To those who are at a low: I won't waste your time by saying "I understand" and "I know what it's like" because let's face it- nobody has the exact same experience as another person.  It's a bit different for everyone.  So no, I don't know what it's like to be in any of your shoes right now.  But I'll try to understand and support you all instead.  Is that worth anything?  I mean, actions speak louder than words, so you tell me if it's worth anything to you to hear that.

Here's my action, now that I've used words: Offering a safe space.  That's what my account is supposed to be.  And although I'm not allowed to use PMs, you're more than welcome to hang out in my Conversations and comment sections to talk about your day, your feelings, your fixations, whatever you want.  I'll listen.  

I promise you, even if I don't know exactly how you're feeling right now, it gets better.  I had such a low back during quarantine, where I felt so hopeless and had constant thoughts of ending it.  Now here I am, a few years clean, and glad that I gave life another chance.  I know a lot of you reading this are younger than I am, so let this be my advice to you guys: Stick it out.  Part of growing up is navigating emotions.  Talk to someone, get professional help if you can, and find ways to keep yourself happy.  Find time for yourself.  Drink water.  Take a walk.  Pet your cat or dog or fish or whatever.  Draw.  Watch YouTube.  It's the little things that count.

And if things get really bad, call the Suicide Prevention Hotline.  They can help.

Just don't do it.  It's not worth it.  Whether you think it or not, people will care.  People will notice.  

Well, that's all I can say.  The rest is up to you.  I can't force anything upon you- after all, I'm just some dude on the Internet.  But at least let me try to help lead you in the right direction.

Maybe I couldn't help a year ago, but let me try again now.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Orphan Obliterator and Gundham Tanaka Stan,

Ace Dunnit.