Chapter 11

It was safe to say that Bellatrix was not impressed to find out that her favourite cousin had a crush on a Potter. Of all the pure bloods to have a crush on, it had to be a Potter.

"Are you insane? The potter girl? Really Reggie, I thought you could do better." Bellatrix chides him the next day as they sit in the Slytherin common room. Regulus rolled his eyes and laid his arm along the back of the sofa.

"Honestly Bella, you should've seen the fire in her eyes the other day, even you would have been impressed." Regulus recalls the events of his encounter with Lyra.

"What would make me impressed with a Potter?" Bellatrix says lazily, her curly springs of hair hanging in front of her face.

"She held her wand against my chin because I had threatened her friend... Sirius to be precise." Regulus says with a smirk.

"Now that is one fiery individual." Bellatrix says, now sitting up straight.

The Gryffindor common room had an entirely different vibe to it. The Potter twins were sat trying to do the exact same homework and getting absolutely nowhere with it. Both of them were hunched over their astronomy textbooks and frantically scribbling on their parchment paper.

"Why does this have to be so difficult!? I hate doing dream diaries." Lyra sighs as she writes one paragraph explaining that she didn't have a single dream last night.

Once she finishes, Lyra slams the book shut and leans her head against the edge of the sofa. She was sat on the floor and had her legs tucked under the table in the middle of the rug.

It's was a Sunday and everyone was already exhausted. Classes started again first thing tomorrow morning so homework was being done...last minute of course.

"I'm going to the RoR, I want to practice some spells. I'll see you in a few hours okay." Lyra says as she stuffs her wand in her pocket and leaves the common room.

She quickly makes her way to the seventh floor corridor and walks back and forth three times to access the Room of Requirement. What's special about the room is that it is unplottable, so only those who know about its existence can access it.

Once inside, she knew that the room had provided her with what she needed. Training dummies and more target equipment was scattered around the room and Lyra set to work.

Whipping her wand out of her pocket, she wanted to test how fast she could hit each target so that she was better in battle. There was a few times when her wand sparked and singed her hand.

After a while, she hadn't noticed that the door opened and she had company. Someone else knew about the room and they happened to access it at the same time as Lyra.

She was out of breath and when she turned around she saw a certain Slytherin leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Nice technique Harp, I hope that wasn't so you could try and beat me." Regulus says with a smirk. He watched as Lyra got red again at the nickname.

She raised her wand and walked over with purpose so that she could finish what she started. What she wasn't expecting was for Regulus to pin her wand hand to her side and use his other hand to pull her closer by her robes.

Lyra's heart jumped out of her chest.

With Lyra frozen and flustered, Regulus took this chance to gently grab her by the chin and tilt her head up to face him. Lyra's breath caught in her throat. She tried to fight against him but his grip on her wand hand was too firm.

Regulus tilted his head down and just as he was about to kiss her, Lyra used her other hand to push him off her and hold her wand to his chest. She was scared and had tears in her eyes. Regulus had tried to force her to kiss him and held her only weapon down.

"Don't...don't you ever, try to do that again." Lyra stutters as she tries to keep herself from breaking. Reggie, the person who comforted her by the lake, that wasn't the person she knew. That wasn't the version she had a crush on.

"Lyra....listen, I, I'm sorry-" Regulus tries to explain to her. He tries to put a hand on her shoulder but she flinches back. The sudden realisation hits him and he knows he's done wrong.

"Don't, don't touch me, don't come near me. Just don't." Lyra says with fear in her voice and her hand shaking as she turns around him keeping her wand aimed at him.

When her back is facing the door, she takes one more glance at Regulus before saying something that shatters him.

"I trusted you." She whispers before speed walking out the door.

On the way back to the tower, Lyra was crying. She felt scared and violated. The person who had comforted her, who she trusted... he'd tried to force her to kiss him. She didn't want to see him again, at least not when things like that happen.

She'd barely made it into the common room when she found Sirius and broke down. He rushed over and held her in a hug so that she wouldn't fall to the floor.

Lyra never normally went to Sirius for help...