❪ 004 ❫. tracking down jasper

004.  tracking down jasper

  tracking down jasper

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

                  AFTER SUCH RELUCTANCE, THE JUVENILES HAD TO LEAVE JASPER BEHIND. His screams echoing through the forest was the only indication for the group to know that he was still alive, but whoever attacked them had taken Jasper from where he was hit. Quinn was barely able to catch up as her heartbeat was frantic, her spine shivering occasionally as the events replayed in her mind.

         Making it back to the dropship much faster than it took them to get to Mount Weather, Clarke called out when she came out into the opening. "Wells! Let him go." Quinn puckered her brows, catching sight of Wells holding a knife up to Murphy's neck, the boy straining away from the blade. Wells didn't get the chance to remove the knife himself until Kinsley struck forward, pushing the male off of Murphy. As Wells stepped back from the unexpected blow at his chest, Kinsley remained with a hardened stare plastered on her face, only gazing away when Murphy stood by her side.

         He placed a hand on her shoulder, pushing her away from the Chancellor's son. Despite being beaten up, Murphy stood before Kinsley, holding a protective form towards Wells. Bellamy, seeming to have control of the situation, turned his attention towards his sister, seeing the way Monty wrapped an arm around her waist in aiding the girl in walking. After getting confirmation that his sister was all right, Bellamy diverted his focus back to Clarke. "Where's the food?"

         Finn was the first to speak, lowering himself down onto a chopped-down log, stating how they didn't make it to Mount Weather. Voices carried through the crowds, and even Bellamy frowned, confused and asked what had happened. Clarke sighed, answering the man. "We were attacked."

         "Attacked?" Wells repeated. "By what?"

         Finn shook his head, correcting Wells. "Not whatwho." Quinn noticed some delinquents gazing at each other with unreadable expressions. Murphy peered at Kinsley behind him, noting how the girl stiffly nodded. "Turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark ... he wasn't the last Grounder."

        Clarke added to Finn's speech. "It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here. Survivors. The good news is that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Kinsley scoffed, saying how the grounders would without hesitation. However, Wells gazed between the people who returned, a frown settled on his face when he noticed Jasper gone, referring to him as 'googles'. Clarke paused. "Jasper was hit. They took him." But as Clarke's sight dipped down, she noticed the emptiness of Wells's wrist. "Where's your wristband?"