❪ 013 ❫. mothers of the year

013.  mothers of the year

  mothers of the year

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

                  WITH FINN STABLE, CLARKE'S AND QUINN'S ONLY HOPE IN SAVING FINN WAS TO CONTACT THE ARK. As confident as the McKenna girl was in her abilities, hearing Clarke's suggestion to wait to see if Raven and Kinsley could get into contact with their mothers, she hesitantly agreed. Although, with time passing them fast and the thunder rumbling from outside growing thicker, Quinn didn't know how long they could wait with Finn's life on the line.

Kinsley kept a secure arm wrapped around Raven as the girl frantically spoke into the speaker of the radio, praying for contact to be reached to the Ark. With receiving a transmitter from the 'Art Supplies' that Clarke took them, they were able to fix the radio successfully, but the harsh storm booming outside was making it difficult. Tears welled in the Reyes girl's eyes, and as much as Kinsley was also saddened to see her friend splayed on the table with his eyes shut and the dagger stabbed in his side, she was there to comfort Raven as she softly cried.

Quinn unravelled the makeshift bandage wrapped around Finn's wound, nonchalantly inspecting the injury. She lightly tapped around the blade, trying to get an idea of how deep the blade had been stabbed into his skin, yet with no proper technology, there was no telling how deep the metal was inserted inside the boy. Clarke met with Quinn's side, exchanging looks. Quinn softly sighed, placing a hand on the blonde's shoulder. It didn't take a lot for Quinn to notice the relationship between the teenagers, noticing how close they had become since they landed.

It couldn't be easy for Clarke nor Raven to see Finn in such a state close to death. "It'll be okay, Clarke," she assured the girl standing beside her, whose eyes were glued on the boy. "He'll be okay."

As Clarke smiled in response to Quinn's encouragements, the radio sparked to life. Quinn and Clarke glanced away from each other, turning towards Raven and Kinsley. Their eyes widened when they received a reply, peering at Clarke. "This is a restricted channel. Who is this? Please identify yourself."

Kinsley tapped Raven softly, gesturing for the girl to respond to the looming voice on the radio. "This is Raven Reyes. I'm from Mecha Station. II'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Dr. Abby Griffin and Dr. Ivy McKenna. Dr. Abby Griffin and Dr. Ivy McKenna. Now!" the mechanic spoke urgently into the mic, her eyes peaking towards her boyfriend.

A pause from the other side had everyone turn tense, their worried expressions flickering to one another quickly. Quinn paced around the room, biting the inside of her cheek whilst she continued to ignore the stinging of her hand where a cut lingered on her palm. The voice of Abby returning Raven's call caused Quinn to falter. "Raven? Are you there?"