♪ 02

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

enemy
━━━━━

Miyuki was drawing.

Over and over since Yokai was no longer her friend.

She spent her days alone, just as before.

In the corner of her slate, she had drawn a butterfly because it was her favorite animal.

In another corner was a rainbow, because Miyuki had never seen one in real life. Yet she found it very beautiful.

And now she was drawing a new picture in the center of her slate.

She began by drawing a young girl who looked strangely like her.

She, too, had short hair and was dressed very much like her.

Once she'd finished her drawing, Miyuki looked at her intensely before erasing her mouth to make a new, open one.

Then she drew musical notes.

She was singing.

The Miyuki she had drawn was singing and enjoying her voice.

Maybe one day, I'll be able to sing too ?

She envied her drawing and erased it as quickly as possible when the bell rang.

♩♫ ♪

Miyuki sang her favorite song, her eyes riveted on the white swan moving across the lake.

It was rare for the sign to be there, so she kept looking at it.

She wondered why she wasn't allowed to sing.

So she started to sing without really paying attention to what was going on around her.

She lay on her back, hands behind her head, without stopping to sing.

The smell of flowers tickled her nose, then a red leaf from the tree she was standing under fell on her nose, and Miyuki fell silent.

The leaf stuck to her nose and she closed her eyes, just to rest a little.

Then her nose filled with water and Miyuki choked.

The girl stood up quickly to wipe the water from her face, coughing. Then she turned her head to see three girls with empty water bottles in their hands.

"Oh that's funny, she's not even screaming." said one of them.

Her former best friend laughed and added, "Yeah, I told you. It's so funny."

"Why did you do that ?" said Miyuki in sign language.

"We don't understand, we're not handicapped." said Yokai, raising her eyebrows.

All the girls laughed at each other before throwing their empty bottles in Miyuki's face.

One hit her in the eye, then the other on the mouth. The last one hit her forehead.

Miyuki touched the parts of her face that had been hit by the bottles to make sure she wasn't hurt, even though her eye hurt terribly.

The 3 girls left, laughing and continuing to make fun of the girl.

Miyuki let it go, then got up and picked up all the bottles that had fallen near to her.

Yokai had made friends after her fight with Miyuki. She'd made two other friends with whom she got on very well, so it was without any explanation that they too began to hate Miyuki, even though they'd never spoken to her.

Miyuki went to throw the bottles into one of the park's garbage cans.

She wrung out her hair and the drops of water fell into the mown grass, then went home.

Singing.

♩♫ ♪

The young boy didn't take his eyes off Miyuki, wondering why she was letting herself go.

His mouth was slightly open, open-mouthed at Miyuki's beauty.

Yet he had a girlfriend.

He was in love with Yokai, but he didn't know why she was doing all this.

When he dared to talk to her about it, she avoided the subject and started talking about something else.

But this was the first time he'd seen Miyuki's face for real.

Her hair swayed to the rhythm of her steps.

He thought she was pretty.

He lay down on his back too, and waited for his heart to calm down.

Then a leaf fell on his nose.

And he closed his eyes.

Just to rest a while.