Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Ch. 29: Secrets Revealed

I was sweeping up dust and bits of debris from around the log basket in the living room when my phone rang. With Louise Hoffman still on my tail, I was always careful to check who was calling before I answered it, but even if it had been Louise, she couldn't have brought me down today.

I was happy.

Really, genuinely happy.

After literally rendering me speechless with blissful orgasms last night, Finn and I had gone back to his room, where we'd curled up together, hair still wet from the pool, which should have been uncomfortable but somehow wasn't.

Now, Finn was in his music room, while I did some cleaning and tidying in the living room, and maybe that wouldn't have made some people happy, but the quiet domesticity of it thrilled me.

Until we started sleeping together, I'm not sure I'd fully grasped the impact of Finn and me living together. Yes, I was still here because I literally had no choice, but things were so different now than they had been at the start. It almost felt like we were living together because we wanted to.

My phone continued to ring, Camden's name showing on the screen.

I answered it. "Good morning. Wait, is it still morning? I've lost track of time."

"It's still morning." Camden's voice was unusually serious, and my sunny mood dimmed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Have you heard the rumours?"

I frowned. "What rumours? What are you talking about?"

"Finn Donovan's secret girlfriend. The one he's living with," Camden said.

The floor disappeared beneath my feet. All the warmth rushed out of the room.

"W-what?" I managed to say.

Camden sighed. "I guess you haven't heard then."

"Hold on."

Frantically I scrolled through my socials, wishing now that I hadn't turned those notifications off. Maybe I would have been inundated with gossipy bullshit but at least I'd have been forewarned.

The last time I'd seen talk of Finn's 'girlfriend', it had been a handful of rumours from small accounts that no one gave a shit about. It hadn't gone further than that so I'd stopped worrying about it. I realised now that that had been the calm before the storm.

Suddenly this was everywhere.

"What the hell?" I whispered.

"I was getting tagged loads by people asking where Jude was going in those photos I sent you, and that's hardly new because people are always tagging me in some bullshit or other. But then I noticed that people weren't just tagging me to ask about Jude. They were asking if I knew anything about the Finn rumours," Camden explained.

I couldn't find words. I could only stare numbly at the screen, my thumb scrolling through discussion after discussion about the woman that Finn Donovan was allegedly living with.

"Tash," Camden said, her voice heavy. "You said nothing was going on with you and Finn."

"I don't understand where this has come from, but I'm not Finn's girlfriend," I said.

It wasn't exactly a lie – Finn and I were fucking, but we'd made no commitment beyond that, and we'd sure as hell never addressed things like 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'. In some ways, what we had felt like so much more than that.

"So what the hell is all this?" Camden asked.

"I don't know!"

It should have been impossible.

icon lock

Show your support for Bella_Higgin, and continue reading this story

by Bella_Higgin
@Bella_Higgin
Season 2 of So I Married A Rockstar Snagging an interview with rocks...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @Bella_Higgin.