53

☆ 57. Chapter 53font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 53

After working hard all day, it was getting dark and the temporary workers in the sheepfold were sent away by Yu Xue, while most of the children were left behind to spend the night in the work shed tonight.

Fortunately, the weather is hot now and the temperature is not too low at night. With the donated quilts and clothes, I don’t have to worry about catching a cold while sleeping in the work shed at night.

As for the shelter, work was being done all night long. Huge searchlights shone on the building under construction. The masters were working diligently. No one complained because Yu Xue gave him double wages and almost everyone was satisfied. Work hard.

Moreover, Yu Xue also hired two construction teams to continue building buildings next to the shelter, obviously to expand the scale of the shelter.

In District 16, Yu Xue stood at the door of the apartment, holding a few strawberries in her hand, feeding Laifu, who kept whining and whining. The dog seemed to be accusing her of ignoring her all day, but he kept the barking secret. At the same time, it does not prevent it from eating strawberries one bite at a time.

"Okay, stop barking. Didn't I remember to leave strawberries for you? I also left fresh vegetables for you, including lambs, and I left a portion for you, and you don't need to be here anymore. Watch it."

Inside the apartment, people were busy cleaning up.

Yu Xue came to pick up people from the clothing workshop to District 17. There are still many empty buildings in the plantation, and she plans to arrange the workshop there first, so that she doesn't have to worry about both.

This was decided before. Yu Xue had already told the people in the workshop that they had packed some things, so now they were moving things down quickly.

Soon, several trucks of fabrics, clothes, machines, people's luggage, and finally thirty or forty people headed towards District 17.

Arriving at the gate of the plantation, at night the lights on several guard towers of the plantation were on. They were very big and bright. Searchlights with a long range were spinning around on the guard towers. Two lights were also on at the gate of the plantation. , there was already someone on duty at the door guard, one of the six security guards today. When he saw that Yu Xue was bringing people over in person, he immediately came out to open the door for them.

This large iron gate is opened manually.

The group of people walked along the flat cement road in the park and finally stopped in front of a row of factory buildings.

There are a row of working buildings in the plantation, with two floors up and down. There are currently more than 40 rooms in total. In addition to the technical employees of the plantation, six security guards and their families have joined today, and there are still many empty rooms.

The newly recruited teachers, chefs, etc. in the work shed will live there for the time being. Yu Xue does not intend to let them live in the plantation. After all, Yu Xue does not have high trust in those people and is not very willing for them to live there every day. Such important plantations came and went.

"Choose a room to rest first. It won't be too late to sort things out tomorrow." Yu Xue warned, watching everyone choose a room one by one, making sure that there was nothing to do here, and then left.

Then she went to the work sheds and shelters to confirm that the remaining children had been properly accommodated, that everyone had a bed, that wind protection and warmth at night had been done, and that the construction site was also working overtime. The ingredients for tomorrow's breakfast were all prepared, and then he returned to the plantation, entered his workhouse, closed the door, and breathed a sigh of relief.