ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8: ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ

You stared at the large thundercloud, which grew even bigger as Nami kept adding cool and heat balls, and the end of her Clima-Tact soon was covered in lightning. She swung her arm back and released the thunderbolt, sending it soaring right toward the center of the huge thundercloud.

You ushered Paulie further away from the area where it would hit. He stared at the wide range of the lighting attacks as they hit most enemies, but some allies got in the way, resulting in them getting electrocuted.

Zambai was running for his life as numerous lighting bolts hit the ground, seemingly trying to reach him. Electricity coursed through the air, and all the windows in the thundercloud visibility shattered into a million pieces. "Holy shit..." Paulie muttered under his breath as he took in the view of marines and agents lying on the ground, some piled on top of each other.

As the smoke cleared, you could make out Sanji's and Zoro's figures, also lying on the ground, having been hit by the uncontrolled rampage of thunderbolt attacks. "That girl's got some serious power. How exciting," a smirk formed on your face before an explosion came from quite a few buildings away. "What was that?"

"Our captain," Nami, Zoro, Sanji, and Chopper sighed, staring toward where a huge cloud of smoke rose from.

The five took off, and when you were about to follow, Paulie called out slightly concernedly. "Try not to die out there."

"You seriously think those bastards can kill me? They'll need something else than finger stabbing and devil fruits to get rid of me," you shot the man a smug grin, turned around, and went on to catch up to the Straw Hats.

Following behind the pirates, you noticed the swordsman having trouble navigating through the maze of buildings to get to the ruined building, gunshots, and yelling. When Zoro was about to step into the wrong alley, you yanked him back from the collar of his shirt. "Do you seriously have this much trouble trying to get somewhere?"

He shot you a glare but continued to run beside you when some animal footsteps caught both of your attention. Upon hearing the canine footsteps, both you and Zoro slowed down and so did the others, but confused about why you two suddenly stopped. "Why are we stopping?" Nami asked the green-haired swordsman who grinned. "We've got guests."

A large number of guards riding atop dogs appeared from the front. "We Watchdogs are ordered to guard the front gate! No one can cross the line! And don't go thinking it's just us, you damn pirates!" the leader of the Watchdogs stated with a booming voice as more running footsteps surrounded the group.

Nami and Usopp shot their hands into the air, to the point of freaking out while you, Sanji, and Zoro kept your neutral expressions and Chopper's expression wasn't readable due to his Walk Point form. "Now the jig is up, pirates!" the leader laughed before a few sweat droplets appeared on his face when Zoro spoke up. "So what?"

The leader clicked his tongue before ordering his men to attack. "You sure are cocky! Guys, get them!" when they were about to charge, the ground beneath them shook as one of the King Bulls ran over some of the marines and agents.