ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛᴜʀᴇ

The two hundred high-raking marines jumped down from the battleships, some were taken down mid-jump in the air by Usopp shooting his gunpowder stars, Franky using his Weapons Left, which shot a cannonball out of his arm and Zoro slashed them up.

You waited for the soldiers to drop down to the bridge, quickly swinging your polearm upwards and drilling the blade into a few of them.

The first few minutes went fast, and no one was giving that big of a fight. Some tried to shoot cannonballs right at Usopp, who freaked out, but it was cut clean in half by you. "Sniper, take distance and don't let anyone near you. I wouldn't want to focus on saving your ass again and slaughtering these bastards at the same time."

Usopp stuttered a bit before eventually agreeing and doing his best to dodge and avoid any close combat.

Your attention turned to Zoro, who was face to face with a man taller and bigger than him, who also wielded a large broadaxe with one hand.

The marine swung it down on Zoro, who blocked it before stepping back and positioning his swords as a better blockade.

Sparks flew from their weapons coming into contact with one another. Zoro was being pushed back, and he began to mutter words. "Three-Sword Style..."

Before he could finish his attack, you jumped into the air. You landed a direct strike on the marine from above, stopping him from spinning and piercing his upper chest before kicking him toward a group of marines that eventually got trapped beneath the large man.

Zoro stared at you with a blank expression, his eyes following you as you went back to beating the life out of the marines that dared to get too close. He shook his head, focusing on the situation and finishing off some marines. "Stop stealing my kills."

Franky used his Strong Right, and with the chain, he managed to grab a marine who tried to jump down but was grabbed by the cyborg's hand and slammed right on top of his fellow marines.

Something strange caught your eyes, as Usopp had taken his mask off and stared at the defeated Luffy that laid on his stomach, his skin still glowing. Usopp trembled a bit, biting his lip. "What are you doing?! Luffy!"

His captain weakly turned to look at Usopp, mumbling. "You... actually came."

"I came here to rescue Robin! I didn't come here to see your face!" the sniper yelled back at him, gulping as he turned his attention to Lucci. "Hey! Boss cat of CP9! I'm talking to you! Now, I'll take you on!"

Lucci's cold, death stare turned to Usopp, who flinched but kept on talking. "Y-Yeah, I'm your opponent now! Now, don't be surprised when I tell you this! I'm the great Captain Usopp, a pirate among pirates, the great warrior of the sea who has 8,000 men under his command!"

You rolled your eyes at the obvious lie of the man and focused back on killing off the marines that didn't need much effort for it.

Sanji had walked off somewhere, yet you didn't pay much attention to it. A sword was about to come swinging at your head when you ducked, stabbed the attacker in the stomach, and quickly grabbed the sword, doing a 180 and downing four marines with a horizontal slash.

"You seriously need to stop with the sword stealing," Zoro's muffled voice spoke up with the sword between his teeth and slicing some hands off.

"It's not like they're gonna use them anymore if they're dead, might as well collect them," you shrugged, picking up another sword off a dead marine and throwing it at a group, striking one of them in the stomach.

Usopp continued to yell something to his captain and Lucci, who had turned to face the sniper and prepared to launch at him, but he froze.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw Luffy standing up, battered and bloody, but still having some energy left to fight.