Chapter 40: Brooklyn's Heist Battle

Author's pov

Miles knew he had two days before the so-called canon event happened to his universe and his dad would end up in Captain Stacy's grave.

Two days and he had to prevent it. Luckily for him, he got the help of a beautiful Morally Gray Spider Latina with her spoiling alien partner, three anime teenaged superheroes, Goddess of Death, and the variant of his uncle and himself.

Not the team he thought he wanted but he needed it.

He couldn't trust Peter B. or Gwen anymore. Hobie and Pavitr, he could trust them since Yessi knew them and Hobie sent her to find him and help him.

Hobie is that man.

"Well, I didn't think to see again Doc Ock or a lady Electro. The Rhino dude did surprise me." Miles whispers. He was surprised as he saw Doctor Octopus and Electro in the female version along with Rhino. He was on the rooftop and looking through a glass window top with Miles G.

"So, Electro in your universe is a dude? Ay, I hope he isn't as dramatic as her." Miles G. mumbles while looking at the window with his mask on. Miles glanced at him, he never thought he would end up as Prowler. He never thought but then again, Miles G. was supposed to be Spiderman, not Prowler while Miles wasn't supposed to be Spiderman, but rather Prowler himself.

He could hear Miguel's words echoing into his mind, enough for him to subconsciously cover his ears.

You were never supposed to be Spiderman!

You're a mistake!

'That's not true. That's not true! I believe what Yessi and Venom said! Get out of my head! Get out!' Miles slightly grunts as his face twists through anxiety and panic.

"Oye, Spidey Boy," Miles spans his eyes open, looking at Miles G. with his breathing heavy and sweating face. Prowler was stunned by seeing his alternate self like this.

"I'm sorry." he pulled himself away from him, going to the other side and hugging his legs. Of all the days he picks, why did the anxiety attack pick this day? He needs to focus on the mission to save his dad, not freaking out today.

Miles felt the anxiety dragging him around like a punching bag. Making him remember the good times with Peter B, Spider Gang, and Gwen was a lie. A lie to him. He felt so alone and so scared like how he felt with the duty as his Peter Parker died.

And the worst of all, he began to think it was his fault that his Peter Parker died.

Miles G. soon removed his mask of Prowler and looked at him. He thought his variant was living an easy life because his dad was alive but he knew that he was wrong now. He took a deep sigh. "Hey, Spider. What's wrong?" he asked in the best tone. It wasn't soft or even comforting but rather a simple question of himself.

Miles opened his mouth, he wanted to say that he was fine but damn, he couldn't lie to him. After all, that was himself.

"No? How I can be fine? My Dad is going to die. Everything I knew of being Spiderman was a lie. I know what Yessi said about the cannon event was a lie that Miguel made up because of his grief but still...Two people I knew and cared about lied to me, a crazy Mexican half-Irish dude blamed me for the death of my Spiderman who died protecting me along with my Uncle Aaron who refused to end me. And the worst of everything, my dad is going to die, and I just- I just wanted to be honest with my parents about who I am. I'm beyond fine, I'm hurt and betrayed," Miles breaks out with everything he has been holding inside.