Chapter 9

Playlist

Playlist.
Break up with your girlfriend, I'm bored by Ariana Grande
Enjoy reading!

A new day has begun, and I'm already hard at work, trying to get this dress just right. Warm sunlight spills into my newly put-together fitting room, located in one of the many rooms in the castle, casting a warm glow on Reina as I make the final adjustments to the gown. The delicate lace and intricate details seem to dance in the light, taking shape around Reina's figure. I meticulously ensure every seam aligns, every fold drapes just right.

"We're going to be making adjustments here, here, and there," I mutter as I stick pins to the extra material on the dress and mark areas where I would be making adjustments with chalk. Reina stands before a full-length mirror, her reflection revealing a mix of excitement and anticipation as I work. The wedding gown, a masterpiece in the making, hugs her figure like a second skin. She watches the process with a mix of anticipation and delight, occasionally letting out soft gasps as I tweak and perfect. Finally, I step back, my hands resting on my waist, and meet Reina's eyes.

"What do you think?" I ask, a hint of nervousness in my voice.

Reina twirls, the gown following her movements gracefully. "It's perfect, Sophie. I love how it sits on me, highlighting my curves. You've truly outdone yourself."

My cheeks warm at the compliment, but I dismiss it with a wave of my hands. "It's all about making you look and feel amazing on your special day," I say, watching as she blushes.

Making a few more notes as I walk around her, my gaze scrutinizing every part of the dress, I glance at Reina. "Is there anything you would like for me to add before I round it up? We could still change some things up if they are not to your liking."

Reina shakes her head. "No, Sophie. It's exactly how I imagined. Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome," I reply, dropping the pins down. I clap my hands, signifying the end of the session. "Alright, I'm done. You're free to go."

Reina starts to get out of the dress with me assisting her so she doesn't get injured by the numerous pins I have stuck into it. Once it's back on the mannequin, I start to clean up, gathering my tools as I prepare for my next course of action. Reina lingers around, a nervous expression on her face. I turn to her, my brow raised in question.

"You'll be finishing the dress here, right? Just like we discussed?" She asks, and a small smile breaks on my lips.

"Until the dress is complete, I won't be going anywhere," I tell her and watch as she visibly relaxes.

"Okay, thank you."

"There's just one problem, though." I say, resting a finger on my chin, my brows furrowed in thought. "I need to go to a textile shop to pick up some materials I'll be using and continue with my sewing, but I'm afraid I don't know any places here that will have what I need."