[1] reina haitani

<8:21 pm>

She looked across the vast pastel field, her eyes blinking as she watched how pretty birds flew over the horizons, little animals playing with each other. Singing of the wind accompanied the tranquil field.

She blinked, seeing a different view.

It was a castle, with pointed spires. She could see the night sky twinkle with stars, the flowing fountain gently rushing as she played with the petals in the water.

In the corner, she saw a glass slipper standing alone under the soft moonlight. Glinting endearingly, the child kneeled beside the glass shoe.

Her fingers grazed the glass, blinking her eyes before she finds herself in a bed, inside a comfy hobbit. She went to the kitchen seeing seven little chairs, with seven empty bowls of soup.

Yet as she looked at each clay bowl, an eerie feeling started to descend.

"Reina…" A voice called.

"Reina…"

She followed the voice, leading her towards the small window above the sink. Stepping on a stool, she peered over the window.

Her face hurt, having claws pierce through her soft skin. Her voice crying out as her tiny hands tried to remove the claws away from her face.

She was thrashing, finally able to pry the claws off her face. Scurrying away from the window, tears flooding out of her eye lids, she hid behind one of the tiny chairs.

"Reina…" A malicious cackle left the figures mouth, slipping inside the hobbit through the open window.

"Reina…"

The kid bolted towards the door, trying to blink her eyes as many times as she wanted yet her eyes wouldn't close and change the scenery.

It was as if the nightmare was keeping her locked. It wasn't letting her leave.

"Momma! Dad!" Her voice cried out, running out of the hobbit. The hurried steps of her assailant just right behind her.

"Reina…!"

"Reina!"

The voice was starting to turn gutteral and more aggressive, tears spewing out of her eyes more as she continued to run away. Splinters embedding themselves in her feet, drawing blood and tear of skin.

"Momma!"

"Reina!"

Sweat trickled her forehead, her heart palpitating, lungs trying to inhale as much air as possible.

Her eyes held tears. A scared, frantic, restless, and shocked look on her features. She looked around, her eyes scanning the familiar room.

"Momma!" She wrapped her arms around Y/n's waist, caressing her face against her shirt.

Reina continued to cry out, helplessly hugging her mother, the wet rug on her forehead had fallen off. Ran was by the door, watching with a sad look on his face at the crying child.

"Reina," She stopped her crying, looking towards her father, watching her father get near her.

He sat on her other side, placing a warm, caring hand on her forehead. Reina couldn't help but lean into his warm care, switching sides and hugging him tightly.

Y/n only looked at how the child clung so hard to her father, Ran singing a soft song that seemed to have calmed her down.

She watched the father and daughter, as Ran continued to sing Reina's eyes became heavy. Their relationship was strong, Y/n can say, but it seems like they're both facing the same mental problem.

And Reina seemed to have gotten the shorter side of the stick.

Ran placed the sleeping child softly down, raising the thick comforter up until her chin, he neared down and gave a kiss on her forehead.

As he receded, she leaned in and gave one but on her cheek instead. Before suddenly feeling a saline liquid reach her lips.

Her eyebrows downed, a sad look on her face when she saw Reina crying in her sleep again.

"Sleep well sweetie, momma and dad are here. Don't cry anymore…"

;;;;

<9:41 pm>

"Ran…" She asked Reina's father, closing the door shut behind. His back was turned towards her as a gloom covered his face.

They had finally gotten Reina to sleep without crying and it was already past 9 when they got done.

Seeing Reina cry like that hurt her; it was so different to the Reina that she's gotten used to as her teacher compared to when she is her mother.

"Reina… she's traumatized," He started, heaving out a sigh before taking her hand and leading them to his room.

"At that age? What happened…?" She was beyond concerned, her heart palpitating. Reina is barely 4 years old, and yet she's been through so much already.

They sat on his bed, Ran caressing her hands with his thumb. He didn't speak for a bit, the sound of rain tapping the windows was their only background.

She felt him grip her hands, softly. His eyes pointed with anger and sadness.

"It's all because of her, Akari…"