xvi. ❝ hephaestus' playground ❞

LOGICAL

CHAPTER SIXTEEN!

016. ❝ HEPHAESTUS' PLAYGROUND

"I HAVEN'T SEEN ALOT OF HORROR MOVIES but this seems like exactly the kind of place they'd suggest to avoid." percy states, looking up at the amusement park sign with the words "welcome to waterland" written on it.

"i've never seen any kind of movie. i'll have to take you word for it." havan replied, earning a confused look from percy. "never what do you mean never like, never-never?" he asks her.

"is there another kind?"

"well, if neither of us are dead in a few days we really ought to fix that. you're missing out." he tells her with a small smile. usually, in the books that havan reads, when a boy invites you to watch a movie that's usually called a 'date'.

but obviously, being the person that she was, havan was never the type for delusions. only ever reading romance novels to mock how easily the characters would fall inlove with the most basic love interest just for them to get hurt in the end. the love she knew was limited to how she made it look in her head, the love in the books.

the love that was always logical, the type of feelings that were thought out and planned. the normal ups and downs of love, just for them to find their way back to one another. but recently, the girl had gone against herself and developed some sort of feelings for this boy, but whether or not they were gonna fall into the same old cliche, she always kept the prophecy in the back of her mind.

with ares' confirmation, the girl knew that their choices would be their downfall. as compatible as the two seemed, fire was never supposed to mix with water. fire can boil water but that same water could put the fire out. the two can only depend on eachother when only one of them gets something good out of it, not both.

"in the meantime, we should probably get this over with though." the boy continued, walking towards the entrance gates to the amusement park. he pushed the gate, but as he was doing that havan notices something above him.

"wait, percy stop!"

"wait, what just happened?" he asked. looking up at the loud machinery above his head. "just hold still." havan tells him.

"gimme a second. in the mechanism there, that's celestial bronze." the girl says, looking up at the blades.

"oh fascinating. havan, what is going on right now?" he replied sarcastically, his tone sounding slightly panicked.

"celestial bronze is what your sword is made of. if you're a human, it will pass right through you. if you're a monster or a demi-god..." havan trails, not finishing her sentence.

"well, what's it doing there?"

havan sighs. "that's a great question. let's just say, this isn't just an amusement park. a god built this."

"what kind of god builds amusement parks?" i panicked percy asked.

"hephaestus." havan told him.