xxv. ❝ when the world is ready ❞

LOGICAL

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE!

025. ❝ WHEN THE WORLD IS READY

"GREETINGS?--IS THAT WHAT YOU SAY TO DEAD PEOPLE?" havan furrowed her brows, eyeing the guards at the gates of her father's palace.

"lady havan." the two guards spoke at the same time. "your father awaits." they told her the famous line.

"so i've heard." she replied as the guards opened up the gate allowing the three to make their way through and onto a platform that began to take them up.

"underworld elevator? cool." grover remarked catching the other two off guard.

it was then when the platform came to a halt. stopping with a loud sound that echoed throughout the whole room. the three looked around, being met with a dark space--not in a sense of you couldn't see--but because it was gloomy.

"aw, it's over." grover groaned as the sound of footsteps were heard. the three then began looking in the direction of the footsteps and noticing the person coming towards them.

"hey fellas welcome!" the man said, his voice ringing throughout the hollow spaced room.

havan began to eye the man--her father--noticing how he wasn't trying to scare them. "sorry about all the...umh... anyways it's great to meet you--" the man silenced his rant slightly, locking eyes with his daughter.

"huh. i see you came after all." he said, sending her a warm smile.

"didn't have much of a choice." the girl shrugged.

he let out a small cough before continuing. "i know who you are and you know who i am so we can just skip right past that. can i get you anything? fresh pomegranate juice? a snack?"

"actually if--"

"i couldn't hurt-"

grover and havan spoke but were cut off by percy. "my mother."

"boom." hades widened his eyes. "straight to business, i admire the cut of your jib." he added, percy just stared at him but havan on the other hand was amused by the boys facial expressions.

"little nautical reference for you. i see you."

"where is she?" percy asked, eyeing the god infront of them. "right, okey-doke. let's get to it." he said, as he walked off in the direction he came in followed by havan, but the other two just stood there.

"dad, wait up!" she called out.

"you've come all this way. don't be shy." he told them as the reluctantly began to follow him. once havan had caught up to him, she tapped him lightly on the arm.

"you're so unserious." she said earning a small chuckle from him.

"or maybe your little boyfriend is a tad bit too serious." he told her, sending the shorter girl a smirk.