xxvi. ❝ cherished promises ❞

LOGICAL

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX!

026. ❝ CHERISHED PROMISES

"HAVAN, GET UP." a voice, annabeth, spoke as she extended her hand out to her, allowing her to stand up. the girl began to dust herself off but immediately stopped upon noticing ares walking towards them.

the girl then turned her gaze to the boys who were still on the ground before the two girls made their way over to them and helped them up. havan extended her hand out for percy to grab, locking eyes as he stood up.

"i honestly thought you were gonna stay behind." he admitted, his blue eyes still gazing into her grey ones. "don't be dumb, jackson."

it was then when the four shifted their focus back on the man who slowly made his way towards them. havan scoffed slightly, noticing the smirk on his face.

"i didnt think you guys were gonna make it. even with her on your side." the god spoke, reffering to havan with a small nudge of his head.

"did aphrodite dump your ass or something?" havan blurted out, not really interested in what he was about to 'explain' to them.

"what?" the god replied, unprepared for the question. "what are you talking about?"

"you seem bored. cause there's no way we keep running into you by choice." havan scoffed in annoyance, eyeing the man's outfit.

"out here looking like a war ensued in your closet." the girl tisked, shaking her head sardonically.

"hey, other idiots? tell your little friend to shut up before i send her back to her father in a bodybag." ares snarled, glaring at the shorter girl who took a step back, being pushed to the side by percy.

it was then when the boy pulled his sword out, squaring up with he much larger man. "single combat!"

ares scoffed. "what?"

"what?" grover and annabeth stated at the exact time--but havan on the other end stared at the boy before laughing slightly. not in a sense of 'she finds this funny'. but in a sense of 'he's gonna die now.'

"are you mad?" havan questioned him.

"one on one." percy cleared. "but i set the terms, if i draw first blood, i keep the bolt and you surrender the helm." percy finished, causing the god to laugh almost hysterically. "do you accept?"

"again i say, are you mad?" havan remarked once again, the question as rhetorical as it gets but is once again dismissed by the boy.

"hey, shut up. if your boyfriend wants to die, it's his funeral." ares said to the girl. "okay, we're burning this bitch." havan snarled, staring the god down.

meanwhile, grover leans over slightly to whisper something into percy's ear. "that's the first time she didn't deny it."

that statement made the boy widen his eyes for a slight moment, his mind wandering to all the moments he's been accused of being her boyfriend and she denied it. it shouldn't have been something that made him feel warm inside, yet the thought still lingered in his mind.