Claimed

Sophie stood looking out at the beautiful Greek water, she stood on the beach where her mother first learned about the gods from Leto. The smell of salt and sea invading her senses as she breathed in the moment. 

She felt the sunlight on her face and smiled, recognizing her father's warmth. 

"Hey, sunshine." A quiet voice called from behind her. 

Sophie turned to see Connor Stoll gazing at her as if she were the center of his universe. Connor's heart stalled in his chest as he looked at her, she was the most beautiful thing on the planet. 

Connor couldn't help but notice now how similarly Sofie looked to her grandmother, Aphrodite. 

He had been terrified Sofie might be his sister, because how could he ever love someone else as much as he loved her? No one could compare to his Sophie. 

"Connor." Sophie smiled, feeling completely at piece for the first time in a long time. 

"Mind if I join you?" He said awkwardly, hoping his red face would be attributed to the hot sunny day and not his shy embarrassment every time the angel before him acknowledged his presence. 

Sophie smiled, that same dimpled, kind smile she inherited from her mother. "Sure!"

"So... crazy day, huh?" Connor initiated, for the first time failing to come up with something to say. 

"You know... all those years during the war. I understood Luke's side. I was angry too, vengeful that someone would abandon my perfect mom. I hated that someone could think so little of me, of their own child, that they wouldn't even acknowledge me as theirs even after Percy made that deal." Sophie confided. "I hated him... my father... I hated him and he didn't even know I existed. I guess... It's just nice to know who I hated for so long, you know."

"Did you talk to him? Apollo?"

"...No... there was nothing left to say. He loved my mom, really loved her. He went back for her... Is it bad I was kind of happy she hurt him like he hurt us?" Sophie asked quietly, placing her head on Connor's shoulder. 

"I don't think so... I was angry at my dad for a long time too... for Luke, for the others. But I had my brother."

"And I had my mom." 

The two grew quiet, just watching the waves. The sound of the sea calmed their racing hearts as they held the other. 

"Sophie..." Connor whispered, turning to look down at her. Hearing the nervousness in his tone she looked up at him sitting up slightly so that their noses nearly touched. 

"I'm glad you're not my sister." 

Confusion flooded her face as she looked at him trying to dissect the intent behind the words, "Why?" 

"Because if you were my sister it would be really, really gross to do this-" Refusing to lose his nerve Connor smashed his lips against hers. 

Donna watched from the balcony of her hotel. The Island that had become her home lit up around her as the sun coated the place in its warmth. 

A smile broke out on the aging woman's still lovely face as she saw her daughter kiss her long-time crush. 

She felt him before she looked up, the air heating around her as she felt his arm brush against hers standing just a bit too close as he always did before.