𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙊𝘾𝙀𝘼𝙉 𝙀𝙔𝙀𝙎

Once the bus started driving, Percy felt like he had caught the flu. He looked towards his friends, and noticed they looked the same. Grovers teeth were chattering and Myla was shivering.

"Myla?" Percy asked, his voice slightly weak. The girls head turned to look at him, "Yeah?"

"What aren't you and Grover telling me?" Percy asked, very curious and slightly annoyed that they knew something he didn't.

Myla wiped her forehead with her hoodie sleeve and Grover answered for her, "Percy. What did you see back at the fruit stand?"

"You mean the old ladies? What is it about them? They're not..... like Mrs. Dodds, are they?"

Percy turned to look at Myla and Grovers expressions, Myla had her knees tucked into her chest and her head leaning against her knees. Percy had the overwhelming feeling that the ladies were worse than Mrs. Dodds.

"Just- tell him what you saw." Myla mumbled, her voice slightly muffled from how she was sitting. "The middle one took out a pair of scissors, and she cut the yarn." Percy said, confused why the yarn mattered.

Myla let out a shaky breath, and Grover closed his eyes. "You- you saw her snip the cord?" Grover asked, worried.

"Yeah. what about it?" Percy questioned. "Oh my gods." Myla mumbled, once again, using the term 'gods'.

"This can't be happening. I don't want this to be like last time." Grover started panicking, which then made Percy panic, and Myla then felt herself start to panic slightly. "What last time?" Percy asked.

"Always sixth grade. They never get past sixth." Grover muttered. Myla nudged him. "Dude! Shut up!"

"Grover! What are you talking about?" Percy asked, Grover was really starting to scare him.

"Percy, let us walk you home from the bus station." Myla said, not really asking.

"Is it like- a superstition or something?" Percy asked.

He got no answer.

"Myla. Cutting the yarn- does that mean someone is going to die?" Percy asked.

Myla lifted her head from her knees, her expression told him everything.

Percy tried to ditch Grover and Myla as soon as they arrived at the bus terminal. Grover was murmuring things like "It's always the sixth graders" and "Why does this always happen?"

This made Percy feel uneasy.

Whenever Grover was upset, his bladder acted up, so he asked Percy and Myla to wait for him while he went to the bathroom. But Percy had other plans. He started to walk away, Myla fast on his tail.

"Where do you think your going?" Myla demanded, grabbing Percy's arm and turning him around.

"Home. Grover is really freaking me out, okay? I just want to go home." He stated, the poor boy looked stressed. Myla couldn't help it, and she let him go and told him she would see him later, but Percy was too weirded out by Grovers behaviour to notice it.

Myla waited for Grover to come back from the bathroom, and by that time, Percy was long gone. Grover came out the bathroom and looked around, his eyes darting around, trying to find Percy.

"Where's Percy?" He demanded, looking worried.

"He- uh- went home." Myla said quietly, picking at her nails, trying to avoid eye contact with Grover.

"You- you let him leave?! Alone?!" Grover exclaimed, shocked at the girl's stupidity. Grover grabbed her by the arm, and they began to try find a way to get to Montauk.

Some children of Nemesis had the abilities of shadow travel, and Myla was one of them. She hated it, she didn't use it much since it felt like all of her skin was getting peeled off, but she knew it was one of the only ways they could get to Percy in time.

The sky became dark, thunder booming from above. Percy was already in the cabin in Montauk. Eventually, Myla decided that she could shadow travel them both, she knew it would drain her, but they were desperate.

When they arrived, there was a hurricane, which was odd because Long Island never gets hurricanes this early in the summer. Grover pounded on the cabin door, desperately trying to get in.

Percy's mother, Sally Jackson, rushed to the door and saw the two standing there, absolutely drenched. The two stumbled into the house, and Percy looked shocked to see them. Myla was hardly standing, Grover had her arm around his shoulder, supporting her. Percy rushed up to help the girl while Grover and Sally spoke.

"Percy!" Sally shouted to be heard over the rain. "What happened at school? What didn't you tell me?" She demanded. Percy had his arm wrapped around Myla, her leaning on him, he was worried, what is wrong with her?

Myla was too exhausted to pay attention to the conversation that was happening, but soon enough, she was being dragged by Percy to the car.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*:☆゚. ───

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀

Tiktok is really bugging me with them muting like 99% of audios 😭 like they muted THE pedro pascal, and THE percy jackson son of poseidon edit 😭