𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙢

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙊𝘾𝙀𝘼𝙉 𝙀𝙔𝙀𝙎

Myla didn't pack much, she took her bracelet/dagger, about 5 changes of clothes, and a jacket. She said goodbye to her siblings. She would miss the Hermes cabin. Although Nemesis never had an official cabin, Myla saw the Hermes cabin as her home.

She met with Percy, Grover and Annabeth at the Big House and Chiron gave the group $100 of mortal money and 20 golden drachmas. They got told they would get a ride to the city by Argus.

Not even a second later, Luke came running towards the group, a cardboard box in his hands. "Hey! I'm glad I caught you" He panted, and Myla noticed Annabeth blush slightly. Weird.

"Just wanted to say good luck! And- I thought you.. uhm.. could maybe use these." He handed the box to Percy, and Myla peered over his shoulder to see. "Luke-" Myla started but was cut off, she knew how much the shoes meant to Luke.

"It's fine." Luke stated, but Myla knew he was lying. Children of Nemesis could always tell when someone is lying. "Anyways, watch this. Maia!" The shoes grew wings, Myla could see the startled expression on Percy's face and laughed.

"Awesome!" Grover exclaimed in awe.

"Yeah, they served me well on my first quest. A gift from my dad. Of course." He said the last part bitterly. "I don't use them much these days." His expression turning sad.

"Hey, man. Thanks" Percy smiled, trying to change the subject.

"Look- Percy.. A lot of hopes are riding on you- so.. just kill some monsters for me, okay?" Luke said, looking slightly uncomfortable.

Percy and Luke shook hands, he gave Myla a fist bump and patted Grover's head between his horns, and gave Annabeth a goodbye hug. After that, Luke walked away.

"You're hyperventilating." Myla teased Annabeth.

"I am not." She snapped back.

"You let him capture the flag instead of you, didn't you?" Percy joined in. "Shut up." Annabeth grumbled, her face going as red as a tomato, and she stormed away towards Argus' van.

Percy looked down at the shoes, then back at Chiron. "I won't be able to use these- will I?" Percy asked with a sad tone.

"Luke meant well, Percy. But- taking to the air.. that wouldn't be wise." Chiron explained, and it made perfect sense. Percy nodded slightly, but then had an idea. He gave the shoes to Grover. Grover looked so happy.

Grover put on the shoes, and said "Maia" But he could hardly control it and started to fly down the hill where Annabeth had went.

"Ahhhhh!!" Grover yelled, and Myla chased after him, laughing. Eventually, she got Grover to the ground again, and they joined Annabeth in the van. Percy followed about 5 minutes later, and they started the quest.

"So far so good" Percy said to Myla. "Not a single monster in ten miles." Annabeth rolled her eyes and butted in, "It's bad luck to talk that way, seaweed brain."

"Remind me again- why do you hate me?" Percy argued with her.

"I don't hate you."

"Could've fooled me."

Annabeth played with her invisibility cap in her hands. "Look- we aren't meant to get along. Our parents are rivals."

Myla scrunched up her face slightly at the girls logic, so- because their parents weren't the best of friends, they couldn't get along?

Percy and Annabeth continued to argue, and Myla silently cursed herself for agreeing to go on the quest.

Eventually, Argus dropped the group off at the Greyhound bus station. Argus handed the group their bags, and made sure they had bus tickets. After that, he pulled out of the parking lot, keeping one of his eyes on them at all times.