chapter 60

After returning to the dining hall, the Yuan brothers were almost finished with their meal.

Seeing Yuan Li bringing an unfamiliar man with him, they instinctively glanced at Chu Hechao a few times. They couldn't help but feel that this man before them was tall, mighty, handsome, and extraordinary in demeanor.

The brothers felt somewhat restrained. "Who is this?"

"This is Great General Chu Hechao, Chu Ciyue, from the Northern Frontier. He hasn't had dinner yet, so he came over to have a meal together." Yuan Li smiled and introduced them to each other.

Chu Hechao casually nodded at the two of them, then lifted his robe and sat in an empty seat.

He remained calm, but the Yuan brothers were taken aback. Chu Hechao?!

This person turned out to be Chu Hechao!

The brothers exchanged a glance, their hearts pounding. They never expected to one day meet the renowned General Chu Hechao, known as the War God of the Northern Zhou. They quickly stood up and saluted Chu Hechao, "We pay our respects to the General."

Chu Hechao nodded faintly. "Please sit."

Only then did the two of them nervously take their seats.

Since his youth, Yuan Dan had greatly admired Chu Hechao. Whenever he heard of Chu Hechao's achievements, his blood would boil, and he often fantasized about fighting alongside Chu Hechao on the battlefield. However, when Chu Hechao appeared before him, he felt a hint of fear from the general's imposing aura. He wanted to speak but dared not say much, sitting restlessly in his seat.

Yuan Li noticed his demeanor and teased, "Do you want the General to sign an autograph for you?"

"Autograph?" Yuan Dan was puzzled. "What is an autograph?"

His bewildered expression, coupled with the two patches of red on his face, unexpectedly struck Yuan Li's funny bone. He laughed so hard that he bent over, burying his head under the table, leaving only one hand waving at Yuan Dan.

The others exchanged bewildered glances, unsure what he was laughing about.

Chu Hechao's mouth twitched, and he lifted Yuan Li up. "Just eat your meal properly."

Yuan Li, with a red face, stood up and brought his own bowl and chopsticks to Chu Hechao. He reached out and picked a piece of meat, stuffing it into his mouth.

After watching how Yuan Li ate, Chu Hechao followed suit and took a bite, raising his eyebrow in approval. It was indeed good.

However, his appetite wasn't great at the moment. Even the best flavors tasted mediocre in his mouth. Chu Hechao lazily moved his chopsticks a few times, casually picked up a glass of water, and drank it all in one gulp.

Yuan Li watched him finish and silently said, "That was my water."

"Cough, cough, cough!" The general suddenly coughed loudly. "Yours?!"

Yuan Li nodded and generously said, "It's okay, you can drink it."

But Chu Hechao pushed the glass away as if he had touched something dirty, sending it far away.

Yuan Li stared at him. "Are you disgusted by me?"

Chu Hechao lowered his eyes and chuckled. "Sister-in-law, it's better for us, as brother-in-law and sister-in-law, to have some consideration."

It had been a long time since he called Yuan Li "sister-in-law," and now that he said it, Yuan Li couldn't quite react in time.

By the time he realized it, Chu Hechao had already resumed eating and drinking without uttering another word.