chapter 134

On the way to Youzhou, the group also discussed the Luo River Alliance signed by Yuan Li and Chen Wang.

"In five years, we won't attack Chen Wang," Yang Zhongfa smacked his lips and sighed, "I was quite interested in fighting against the navy, but after five years... I'm afraid I won't be able to go to the battlefield."

Chu Hechao said calmly, "In five years, who knows what Chen Wang will become."

Yuan Li raised an eyebrow, "Who said we have to wait five years?"

Immediately, everyone looked at him, each with a look of surprise. Yang Zhongfa didn't understand the meaning behind his words and advised, "Lord Yuan, you've sworn a blood oath with him. You can't break the alliance proactively, or your reputation will be tarnished!"

"I certainly won't break the alliance," Yuan Li smiled, "but I'm the one who made the alliance with Chen Wang, not you, generals."

Chu Hechao narrowed his eyes, understanding the implication. He clicked his tongue and said, "If I, Chu Hechao, lead the Northern Army to attack Chen Wang, what does it have to do with you, Lord Yuan?"

Yuan Li smiled even more, "That's exactly the point."

The others exchanged puzzled looks.

Can it be done this way?

But now that they thought about it carefully... why not?

On the way to Youzhou, Yuan Li held the positions of both the Governor of Youzhou and Yan Jun Marquis. He had made a vow not to attack Chen Wang, whereas Chu Hechao hadn't made such a vow. Therefore, the alliance couldn't restrict the actions of the generals.

As they pondered this, the group became spirited, exchanged glances, and chuckled.

Seeing their reactions, Yuan Li knew they were scheming something. He shook his head and said, "But unless necessary, let's spend these five years wisely. Firstly, the north is not yet stable, and it's not advisable to engage in a war with Chen Wang. Secondly, you all know the might of the navy from Jiangdong. Though the troops in Youzhou are trained for water combat, they haven't specialized in naval warfare and operating warships. In these five years, we should intensify the training and establish a navy."

The horses swayed slowly as everyone listened attentively to Yuan Li's words.

Chu Hechao said, "Warships... We don't have craftsmen in Youzhou who can build warships."

Yuan Li winked at him.

At the moment Chu Hechao killed Li Li, the system had actually already rewarded Yuan Li with the warship blueprints. However, Yuan Li was preoccupied with using AR effects for Chu Hechao and hadn't checked the rewards in time.

It seemed that in the system's understanding, completing tasks alongside those who share the same side also counted as Yuan Li completing the tasks.

Seeing Yuan Li's expression, Chu Hechao knew he had a plan and couldn't help but chuckle. "Yuan Le Jun, is there anything you can't do?"

Yuan Li lifted his chin proudly. "Impressed?"

"I am," Chu Hechao brought his horse closer, lowered his voice, and said, "If you can... I'd be even more impressed."

His voice was too low, and Yang Zhongfa and the others didn't hear. But Yuan Li's eyes twitched, a faint blush appearing on his face. He then coldly laughed, suddenly raised his riding crop, and fiercely whipped Chu Hechao's horse's rear, making it gallop forward with the general on its back.

The Governor said coolly, "Get lost."

Wu Kai was dumbfounded by what he witnessed, while Yang Zhongfa shook his head with a sigh.