6.

"Get up Adaa" Maa said entering her room. "So, the door wasn't locked" She murmured. "Did you say something?" Maa asked. "Nah-nothing" Adaa said and got up from bed. "You're on a leave, today you'll go for engagement shopping with Siddhart"  "As much as I remember, I think I didn't agree to this marriage"

"He's a good guy Adaa"  "I wish you could see the devil mind behind the handsome face"  "What devil mind?" Adaa gulped remembering the dream. "Nothing" she said entering the bathroom. "Get ready. He'll be coming anytime soon"  "Okay Maa" She said from the inside.

Adaa's POV:

I was ready and was about to leave for office. As I exited my room, Maa said with smile "He's writing outside in the car"  "Thanks for calling the driver" I said while check-in my purse. "What driver?" She asked  "The driver that you called for my office" I replied. "What office? Siddhart is waiting for you outside" She said raising her eyebrows.

"Okay lets go" I muttered while sighing, accepting my fate. I exited my house and saw him waiting outside, leaning on his car while using his phone. He was wearing a black shirt with sleeves rolled up. Flashbacks of my dream came in front of my eyes just be seeing him. I turned back to go inside again but Maa was standing just behind me.

"I knew it, that's why I was standing here" Maa said with a smug smile, proud of herself. I awkwardly smiled and again turned back. I went to him, and he put his phone back as he saw me. He opened the door for me and I got inside. Circling the car, he reached on the other side and sat on the driver seat.

I wonder why isn't he asking me anything about the lift incident yesterday. Yesterday I was proud, and now I'm feeling embarrassed. But it looks like he doesnt remmeber. "Kya mere chehre pe kuch laga hai?" He asked and I realised that I was staring at him.

"Khubsurti" I said with an absent mind. "What?" He said turning his face towards me. "What?" I also said passing an awkward smile. He then accelerated the car turning his face forward. After some time, there was a dead silence between us with only the sound of him changing the gears time to time.

I wanted to start a conversation as it was weird being silent. "Do you know Mitochondria is the powerhouse of cell" I said and he gave me a side eye. I closed my eyes while leaning back in embarrassment and then started looking at the window.

What an amazing way to start a conversation. Now he must be that I'm a weirdo or something. "Why did you run away yesterday?" He finally asked still focusing on driving. I paused for a moment and said "I suddenly got an urge to run a marathon, that's why" and he made an Oo face. He's definitely trying to be sarcastic .

"Did you talk to your parents?" He asked. "No, I didn't. What about you?" I replied. "I had already tried" He replied. "What about that cafe guy?" He asked. "Cafe guy? He has a name! As well as he is my boyfriend." I said and he nodded. "I love him" I said. "What about him?" He asked. "Yeah, he loves me too" "Really?" He asked.

Is he questioning Aarav? He didn't even meet him yet and I've known him for a long time. "Yes" I said confidently and asked him "Well, do you have anybody in mind?" "Nah" He replied. I knew he would say this. Who would love an arrogant guy.

"That's why you don't know anything about love" I said mocking him. He didn't say anything, So I asked "You really don't believe in love, Do you?" He nodded and said "I don't believe in love, just heartaches and headaches" I just raised my eyebrows.

"We've reached. Go and buy a ring for yourself" He said giving me his credit card and a paper behind it with the pin."I don't need your money to buy a ring for myself" I said confidently. "You have come with me and I won't let you pay"

"Well, what about you?" I asked him. "I don't wanna waste my time" He replied. This guy. Can I punch him? One time he's all sweet and just the next moment, all arrogant. "Okay" I said nodding my head and went inside the store.

⋆⋆⋆

Adaa came just after a few minutes. "Here, see this" She said giving him the ring box. It was a ring with the smallest diamond possible. "What's this?" He asked. "The ring that you asked for" She replied. " Like how did the employee even show you the ring?" He asked furrowing his brows.

"I asked him to show a ring with the smallest diamond possible" She replied. He stared at her in disappointment and exited the car. "Follow me" He ordered which she obeyed quietly. As an employee saw him entering, he quickly called the manager. "Good Morning Mr Shrivastava" The manager said.

"Morning" He replied. "What brings you here today?" He asked politely. "I want a ring for her" He said something towards her. "Oh nice, let's go inside" Manager said and took them to a certain room.

They sat on sofa, and the manager asked an employee to bring some palettes. The employee brought the palette full of rings and put it on the table in front of them. "Choose whatever you like" Siddhart said to Adaa. "I don't want any of them" She said and got off the sofa.

A ring caught his eye. It was a flower ring with diamond in the middle and light blue sapphires around it. "Come here" He said and she did so. He took her hands and tried the ring on her while she was looking at his face. "It looks good" He said making her to look at her hand. "This ring is too big, I want a small ring that people may not even notice" She said.

"Aap Siddhart Shrivastava ki hone wali patni hai, koi aisi waisi ring aapke hatho par jachegi nahi" He said and she paused for a moment. The manager causally laughed looking at them. She removed the ring and gave it to the manager, and started walking out of the room.

Siddhart gave his credit card to the manager and followed her. After paying, they both left the store and entered his car. "Here take this" He said giving out the ring to her. She took it and laid back.

⋆⋆⋆

"Did he really buy you this ring?" Aratrika asked excitedly looking at the ring closely. Adaa hummed in response. "Behen tere mummy papa ne tere liye bhot accha larka dhunda hai Heera hai wo heera" She said. Adaa half smiled mocking her and looked away.

"Usne ek heera hi to laa ke diya hai. Bol to aise rahi hai jaise Kohinoor laa ke de diya ho" Adaa said. Ara stared at her giving an evil smile.

Adaa joined her hands in front of Aratrika and said "Haa haa Devi maa, ab uski side lena band kare" Ara nodded in reply and passed a proud smile.

Author's note: I hope I'm not too late in uploading the chapter. My exams are currently going on and it will end on 6 March. And after that, I'll try to update regularly.

THANKS FOR READING