9.

S I D D H A R T

I dropped her off at her home and headed to my house. As I got out of the car, I happened to glance over to the backseat and spotted an earring sitting there. I guess, Adaa must have dropped it and didn't realize. I picked it up, wondering if I should return it to her.

But I decided to just keep it for the time being. I put the earring in my pocket. Once I reached my room, I put that in the pocket of my blazer. I would return it to her later. Just then I got a call from Ayansh, my assistant yet my friend.

Me: Hello bro, How are you?

Him: I'm good, but this isn't the time for greetings.

Me: Something happened?

Him: Yes, it's urgent and we need you here.

Me: Okay. I will be coming to the office tomorrow.

Saying this I cut the phone call and started packing my belongings.

A D A A

After all the discussion, I'm feeling so relieved now. I just laid on my bed for a few minutes and got up to change. While walking to the wardrobe, I glanced at myself though the mirror and noticed that my ears were still red because of my earrings.

I changed my clothes and came back on bed with my purse. As I checked it, I felt a weird sensation. I had put my earrings there earlier, but now one was missing.

How could I have lost it? I felt around, hoping to find it hidden among my things, but it was nowhere to be seen.
That earring meant a lot to me-it wasn't just jewelry. It held memories and feelings that I didn't want to lose.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I took a deep breath, trying to calm the racing thoughts in my mind. Maybe I didn't lose it after all, I reassured myself. It could be somewhere else in the room.

Don't worry, the workers would find it while cleaning the room. With that comforting thought, I tried to sleep to forget about my lost earring.

⋆⋆⋆

In the morning, I asked the housekeepers to check if I had lost my earring in the room.

"Adaa tell Aarav to come and meet us" Bhai spoke from behind me. Papa was there too. Both were wearing black, looking like they are gonna kill him. I nodded and messaged him the location and time. He said 'OK' in the chat and went offline.

It feels like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders and I feel so relieved. Today, I'll be free from my parent's decision. He will be
free- from me. We would become strangers. Again.

Well, let's not think about that and head to my office. Papa and Bhai would handle everything.

⋆⋆⋆

I came back and saw bhai and Papa were present in the living room, sitting on a sofa. They had a serious expression on their faces. They noticed me as I entered and looked at each other.

"Adaa can you come here?" Papa asked and I obeyed. I sat on the sofa and looked at them. "We don't agree for him" Bhai said.