Chapter 10 || Camera and reality

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Alexander's third person POV:

Once she got to her hotel room, Alexander practically jumped onto her bed, absolutely exhausted. When she woke up a few minutes before the plane landed, she was happy to see that the bag of pretzels she bought for Jenna was empty. 

The crew got to Montreal late at night, and everyone's hotel room was on the same floor, so we could easily see each other, but I think currently everyone wanted to collapse onto their bed. They were going to start shooting tomorrow so at least they got to rest.

Alexander stared up at the ceiling, her thoughts jumbled up and cluttered. Did Jenna miss me? I wonder if the cast will like me. Will they think I'm annoying? Does Jenna think I'm annoying? 

She stuffed her face into a pillow, as she looks over to her bedside. She grabs her backpack, and slipping onto the floor, sitting up and leaning on her bedframe as she unpacked a few things.

her toothbrush and toothpaste plus a few other things,

a sketchbook and a pencil case,

some essentials for her camera,

and of course,

her green dinosaur.

she smiled at it, feeling slightly babyish for bringing a stuffed animal to her trip, but it brought her comfort. She set in on her hotel bed, as she climbed onto the bed, her eyes growing heavy as she dazes off to sleep.

The phone ringing was what woke Alexander up, as she jolts awake, blinking her eyes as she sees the sunlight seeping through her curtains. She takes her phone from her bedside, seeing that Jasmin was calling her, she picks up the phone, "Hm.. Hello?" Her voice clearing still in it's sleeping state.

"We're going to meet with the crew and the rest of the cast at the filming spot," Jasmin's voice was wide awake, "Tyler emailed you the details and the spot right?" Alexander hums in approval, "mhmm." 

"Alright well get your gay ass up and come down to the lobby soon!" Alexander yawns, "Yeah yeah." She hands up the call, as she hoists herself out of bed. She crouches down to her suitcase, as she picks out a T-shirt with a star imprinted onto it, some gray cargo sweatpants, and a military green sweater over her shoulders. She tied her converse on and adjusted the few pride pins on her sweater for pride month, and grabbing her camera with her camera bag, as she locked her hotel room door and rushed to the elevator.

She sees the group of the part of main cast, Melissa, Jasmin, and Jenna waiting by the couches. Alexander runs over to them, "Hey guys." Jasmin smiles at hearing Alexander's voice, "hey Lex! Love your pride pins." her finger pointed to the lesbian pin near the bottom of Alexander's sweater, as she looks to Melissa, "Melissa, this is Alexander, one of our new cinematographers." Alexander waves softly, flashing a smile as Melissa extends her hand out, "Melissa Barrera," She says with a beautiful accent, "nice to meet you." Her warm kind voice comforted Alexander, as she shakes her hand softly. The four of them walk out of the lobby to Jasmin's rental car, as Jasmin sits in the driver, Melissa sits in the passenger, and Jenna and Alexander sit in the back seats. "This car is kinda crusty.." Alexander states, as Jenna laughs while Jasmin pouts, "Blame the rental company okay?" She starts the car, as she puts on a playlist. The song "Girls" by Girl In Red comes on, as Alexander immediately puzzles together that this was Jasmin's pride playlist.

Alexander loved this song, as she hums softly to the tune, soon enough Jasmin starts to sing the lyrics as Alexander slowly joins in, "They're so pretty it, hurts I'm not talking 'bout boys I'm talking 'bout girls!" The entire carpool was filled with pride songs, as Melissa and Jenna start to sing along. Alexander took a few glances at Jenna and her soft wavy hair, smiling at the girl glad to see her happy.