Chapter 21 || why would you ever like me?

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

TW: Suicide mention, drugs, alcohol.

Jenna's third person POV:

Alexander burst out of the hotel room door, Jasmin calling after her but she ignored the words, as she ran down the hallway. The door was left open, Jenna's hand gripped onto Jasmin's arm, the entire room almost entirely silent. "Jasmin." Jenna's mutters sternly. "Jenna I-" "What the fuck was that?!" She cuts her off in anger, yelling at the taller girl.

"I told you she would tell you what happened when she's ready. now you're just pushing your luck! she may not even tell you anymore!" Jasmin's jaw was clenched in anger mixed with sadness. "I didn't mean to force her Jenna! I just-" Jenna stops her, raising her hands slightly as she steps away in annoyance.

"Jenna.." She feels a hand on her shoulder as she looks behind her to see Melissa with a concerned face, followed by the rest of the cast with their eyes on Jenna and Jasmin. "Go check on Alexander, I'll deal with this." Jenna was hesitant, glancing to the people in the room, Jasmin was still frustrated and Jenna knew that she wouldn't let it go, but for now this was the best option.

"Thank you." She mumbles to Melissa, as storms walks past Jasmin, walking down the hallway. She arrives in front of Alexander's door, raising her fist, and knocking thrice. "Alex? It's Jenna." No answer.

"Please come out. We can talk about this." Nothing. She knocks again, but nobody answered the door. "Please Alexander." Still nothing. Weird.

A custodian comes down the hallway, as she glances to Jenna in front of Alexander's hotel room. "Are you looking for the resident in that room?" Jenna's head perks up as she turns to face the custodian, "Oh. Yeah, I am sorry, she's just not answering the door." The custodian tilts her head, "Oh honey she's not home." Jenna's eyebrows furrow, "What?"

"If my memory is correct I saw her run down the hallway a few minutes ago." Jenna's eyes widen. Oh shit.

"Oh my god- I- thank you so much!" She waves to the custodian before running down the hallway herself, hearing the custodian's faint, "No problem, be careful!" Please don't have gone far. please don't be in trouble.

Pushing the hotel door open she gets a waft of cold air. Chills run down her spine, a freezing feeling dumping onto her body, but she ignored it, well, tried to best to. "Alexander?" She calls out into the city, pulling her jean sweater sleeves over her hands to try her best to keep warm. "Alexander!"

She had a good amount of doubt that she wouldn't be able to find the girl, but she still called her name as it echoed into the city, nothing but the faint sounds of cars driving by and wind blowing into Jenna's ears. Carefully she walks on the sidewalk, her back hunched and her arms wrapped around her body. Music slowly starts to fill Jenna's ears, as a nearby bar comes into view. There was a neon red sign at the top of the bar, spelled out in glowing letters, "The Tipsy Tavern." Good wordplay I guess.

Not giving much insight to the bar, she takes a few steps forward, continuing her search for Alexander when she suddenly hears a familiar yet drunken laugh.

"Hah! I'm so fucked!" Alex. Jenna backtracks herself, looking into the window of the bar as she sees Alexander gathered around in a table with a few other women and men that Jenna had no recall of ever seeing, and she didn't think Alexander knew them either. "Ahh fuck me." Jenna mutters to herself, dragging her feet to the door in a lazy manner, as she pushes the pub door open, hearing a soft jingle of a bell. She slides into a seat in front of the bar, a tall bartender cleaning a glass walks over to Jenna. "Get me a whiskey." She mutters, her voice low as the bartender places a cup in front of Jenna, pouring her drink inside.