Chapter 18 || taking the blame

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

TW: ABUS3 (I'm sorry you guys😭)

Alexander's third person POV:

Other then the huge gash in Alexander's palm that reminded her of the events that made her life feel misplaced, somehow she was doing better. It's been a week since the incident with Georgia occurred so it was currently early August, and after her day in the park with Emma, she's been trying to give herself some time to heal, and it's been working pretty well. For a period of time she decided that she wouldn't go to the small gatherings that the crew hosted, just to give herself some space so she could rest. She couldn't lie that her hotel room did give her slight misguiding flashbacks, but slowly, she was getting back to her normal self.

One thing that was a slight problem, was that she hasn't told anyone about what happened other then Jenna and Emma. She tried to not make Jasmin or the rest of the cast question and worry by hiding her bandaged up hand in her sleeve for most of the time on set, but she knew eventually she would have to tell them, she just didn't feel ready now.

"Alexander you ready?" Matt's words snap Alexander out of her thoughts, as she quickly steps up her camera, "Sorry- uhm- yep!" She positions herself in front of Jenna, Jasmin, and Mason. they finished filming Gale's attack not long ago, so now they were filming the aftermath in the lobby of Gale's apartment. "Action!" Matt calls out, as Alexander quickly starts her camera.

"I'm scared you guys." Jasmin mutters her line, she was sitting in between Jenna and Mason. "I really don't want to get hurt again." Mason nods along side her, "Me too." Jasmin scoffs, "I don't want you getting hurt either." Mason lays his head onto Jasmin's shoulder, placing a hand on her knee in comfort, "I know, I know."

They continue to finish the scene, but since it was getting late out so they were about to wrap up, as Alexander lets out a breath, walking over to Jenna, Melissa, and the others, "I'm preparing myself for getting bruised on the theater scene." Jenna grins, as Alexander lets out a laugh, "you're your own stunts?" Jenna nods happily, earning a smile from Alexander. She had always loved how passionate Jenna was with her work and acting.

"Alright guys, we're going to wrap up for today!" Tyler calls out, letting everyone scatter, as most of the cast start making their walk back to the hotel, considering it wasn't to far of a walk from the set they were filming at today. The older cast were going out to dinner, so they were left to fend for ourselves, plus the supervision of Melissa. She decided to skip out on the dinner because she decided it would be more fun to hang out with us. Alexander walked on the sidewalk along side Jenna, "You sure you don't want to come tonight?" Jenna has been asking Alexander each time they have a little party if she wanted to come, but Alexander always refused ever since. "Not for now, I think I might just stay out until I'm ready."

Jenna lets out a dramatic sigh, "Oh woe is me!" Alexander couldn't help but let out a laugh, Jenna joining in as she lets out a fit of giggles. "But seriously, if you wanna stop by, feel free to." Finally they get back to the hotel, stumbling their asses into the elevator, laughing here and there. Alexander sighs, as most of the cast enters into Melissa's room for their party. she takes a final glance to Jenna before turning to walk to her hotel room, only to be met eye to eye with someone she wouldn't never thought would appear at her doorstep.

Mom.

"Alex, who's that?" Jenna questions, as she feels her body flush in panicked heat, "I- nobody- I'll talk to you later okay? just- go have fun, I'll see you!" She quickly softly nudges Jenna into the doorway, leaving her with confusion looming in her brain, as she quickly closes Melissa's door. There was silence. as she stands a few feet away from the woman that she despised.