chapter 13

Nirali's pov

Not edited

I blinked my eyes at his words. Goddd this boy will kill me. I looked at myself in mirror and noticed my cheeks were red like cherries.

I cleared my throat and went towards the door to open it. As my hand touched the knob to open it , I felt someone pulling my hand from behind and turned me. My back collided with the wall.

" Bhulo mat abh aap shadishuda hai"
Kartik said. I thinned my eyebrows at his statement. He went to dressings table . Where all my makeup and some little accessories were kept.

He opened the box of vermilion and took of pinch of vermilion, that's when I realised that i forgot to put vermilion. It's a symbol of married women and i forgot it that too on very first day of my marriage.

He applied the vermilion in my hair partition. I closed my eyes due to tingling sensation in my stomach.

We both went downstairs together , all the relatives had left only 5-6 people were present there . I assume they are only family members.

I felt nervous and insecure under theirs gazes. Maybe Kartik noticed it and placed his hand at lower back just above my hips.  He signed me to sit on the couch where all the of them were had already settled.

The same lady who did all the rituals of my MIL.. and who I think as my mother in law started the conversation

"So as you don't know anyone yet let's do the introduction part first. Let's start with me . I am your mother in law HIMANSHI KAPOOR and please call me maa. Also, this is only family all the relatives have been left. " She said

So I was right about being her my mother in law. She looks kind and sweet to me . I just smiled in response.

"I am you father in law AKSHAY KAPOOR and you'll be calling me dad .. understand?" He said and the understand word was in strict tone.

So I nodded in answer. He smiled at my answer.

"I am your SANJAY chacha " the person who was sitting next to papa (fathers of Karthik) said.

And the lady who was sitting with maa introduced herself as KALINI wife of Sanjay chacha.

"Aur ham hai apke pyare Jeth aur nanad " the siblings of kartik also introduced them .

(We are your lovely brother in law and sister in law)

Well I already know them as we shared the car. I smiled.

" As now you know all of them let's do the remaining rituals. I wanted to have privacy and some memories so I decided that only family members will be present in these rituals " Maa said.

Everyone nodded at her words and i understood that this lady has sort of power in the family. Everyone looks scared of her and she talks like the queen. Well she is ..of this house.

"Let's start then " she said.

A big vessel full of milk and some rose petals was placed on the table. Me and kartik was sitting opposite to each other.

"There is ring in this vessel you have to find it , and who wins will have the upper hand in marriage" kalini chachi said.

Okay!! I have heard about this ritual and it is actually fun.  We both started. We put our hands together in the vessel. The game of finding the ring had begin.

At first I was feeling shy , but then listening to hootings of the family and especially Rohit bhaiya supporting me , boosted my confidence. I was trying hard to find the ring. I don't why but I wanted to Win.

On the other side, kartik was no less than me . He was looking determined to win and was shooting me looks time to time.

I felt something touched my finger and that's when I knew that its the ring.  I was going to pick it when I felt someone else's hold on the ring .

I glared at him and he was glaring me back. I tried to pull it . But it was of no use. If we keep on doing this then I might loose and i definitely don't want that.

I have an idea. I pinched him hard on the same hand.  His hold on the ring loosened and I know it was the chance. I pulled the ring out of the vessel.

Everyone clapped for me and declared me as the winner. I was grinning. When my eyes met his , everything seemed stopped. He was glaering me . It looks like that he is ready to kill me anytime.

I gulped at his glares and blinked. I shot him a smile and he just scoffed and turned his head.

Bastard.

"So now we'll be doing the pehli rasoi. All the breakfast is already ready. Nirali you just have to cook something sweet " maa said.

" Okay maa"  i replied.

**********

PLEASE READ THIS.

ITS BEEN long time that i didn't updated. I was feeling demotivated and many things were going on in my life. So yeah I was not able to upload.

But now I will definitely try to upload more regularly. Hope you'll love this chapter 💕

Please share your opinion about this chapter in comment. It'll tell me about your thoughts.

Follow me on Instagram.

Preet🤍