chapter 14

Not edited

Nirali's pov

Mom told me to cook something sweet and i just nodded. I am just nodding since morning. I followed maa to the kitchen. She told me about all the ingredients and also introduced me to the ram kaka. Who is chef here.

Maa left me and kaka in the kitchen. I only know how to make kheer . So I begin to make it. I had to cook sweet food only as breakfast was already cooked by ram kaka.

Ram kaka is great person. While cooking we talked about our life. I got to know that he is been working here since he was 17 and now he is in his sixties. So, It's been long time .

It took me nearly 15 minutes to cook kheer. As it was cooked . Kaka helped me to serve the kheer in bowls. After that I went towards dining table.

"Beta let's eat breakfast first and dessert will be served after that ." Maa said.

I nodded and went towards devika to sit.

"Yaha nhi beta kartik k pass betho " maa said when she noticed me going towards devika.

(Not here dear, sir next to Kartik)

I only nodded in response and was going to sit on chair in his right side when the rohit Bhai stopped me.

"Bhabhi, i think you should sit next to Bhai's left,close to his heart " rohit Bhai said and devika hooted.

My cheeks Turned red and I settled on chair next to his. We all started with the breakfast which was served to us by kaka.

There was rajma rice, biryani, roti and allo ki sbzi . Seeing the food , my hunger increased. We begin to eat. Kartik took two plates and passed one to me .

"You guys are newly married, so you should share a plate" maa said.

We both looked at each other. There was no room for argument as we were in the family and we have to obey them. Me and kartik nodded at the same time.

Food was served in same plate for us. We both took spoon was going to take our first bite. When again Devika stopped us.

I don't think we will be able to eat today as they are stopping us every next minute.

"Now what?" Kartik said . He looks really irritated by the tone of his voice.

"Mom , see Bhai was always busy in his work that he don't even know how to be romantic". Devika stated while trying to look angry

But he expressions were more cute than angry.

"What do you mean" kartik asked. He was on the verge of crying. His expression were like , someone took a candy from the baby

I hear a noice , and noticed that it was coming from his stomach. So he is hungry. I laughed internally. So this is the reason behind his baby like behaviour.

"What do you mean by what do you mean Bhai . You guys are newlywed, show some affection and love towards each other. You are so boring Bhai . I don't know how will you make babies" devika said.

As the last words left from her mouth. Rohit Bhai choked on his food. I was blushing and looking down to avoid the gazes of maa and papa

Kartik was glaring at her along with maa.

"Devika, you should see the surroundings before speaking" maa said sternly.

Devika nodded in response.

"And Kartik devika is right. Nirali beta , no need to feel shy okay , now feed each other " maa said with a stern voice to Kartik and for me she used such a sweet voice.

At which kartik gasped and rolled his eyes.
Someone is jealous. He took a spoon full of rajma rice and took it in my mouth. Goddd . This is awesome.

Now it was my turn to feed him. We both fed each other some more bites and then started with our own food.

When everyone was done with the food , the dessert made by me came to dining table. I poured the kheer in bowls and placed it infront of maa paa devika and Rohit bhai. Then I poured some for me and  my dear husband 😉.

Everyone begin eating teh kheer. My heartbeat was going insane. What if it is not tasty. What if they didn't like it. I was just playing with spoon waiting for their reaction on kheer.

But no one spoke anything. I am feeling so scared. Their faces were blank and looking at them I felt nervous. It is not tasty . If not tasty it must be edible. Please god help me.

"Tum kyu nahi khaa rahi Nirali" maa asked me taking spoon in her Mouth.

(Why are you not eating Nirali)

At her voice i came out of my thoughts and smiled nervously at her and took a spoon of  kheer.  As the kheer touched my taste buds, I felt like I was in heaven. It was really tasty.

The amount of rice, milk , sugar evrything was perfect. But then , why no one is saying anything. Are their taste bud not working??. I hope it does.

Soon everyone was finished with their kheer. Now once again, I am waiting for their reaction.

"Beta , kya ham aap se ek chiz mang sakte hai?" Papa asked. Is he going to ask me to never cook again. My cooking is not that bad .
(Can I ask for one thing from you)

"Ji papa ,kahiye na "  I said nervously.
( Yes papa, say)

"Kya aap har Sunday hame yeh kheer khila sakte hai , Kasam se bhut swadisht hai . Nhi to tumari maa ke hath ki kheer kha k pakk Chuka hu " he said. His voice Full of love . Everyone laughed at his last line. Except maa , who was busy glaring at him .

(Can you make this kheer for my every Sunday, by swear it is so tasty, i am bored after eating kheer made by your mother)

" Sachme ashi bani hai ?" I asked with a grin on my face.

(Is it good?)

"Ashi? Aisi kheer zindgi me nhi khai maine bhabhi"  devika said.

(Good? I Have never eaten kheer like this in my life)

I was feeling happy at their compliments. 

"Ji jrur, jab bhi aap ka Mann kre bta dijiyega ham bna dege." I said with a huge smile on my face.

(Sure, whenever you want to eat just inform me I'll make it for you)

**********

Here's new chapter.

PLEASE...READ THIS 👇
I know I am too late to upload but I was not well , had to go to some functions and had my tests. That's the reason behind me not updating.

But this is not the only reason.

I actually don't feel like posting because you guys don't even vote. I was regularly updating here and on Instagram. You guys just have to click that's doesn't even take one minute.

By voting i feel confident that you guys are liking my book .

Whatever only the true family will be understanding this. And I just took the decision to continue this book as I got some DMs and a comment by new reader
metodo_tuls

Thanks dear 💞

25+ votes and 10+ comments for next chapter till see you guys 😁