Rafayel Legacy

Rafayel was different than other Lemurian children. First, his eyes were strangely knowing, like he could understand everything with just a glance. Lemurian had cerulean eyes, some had tints of grayish, lavender, or green, never pink nor ruby.

As He grew, like the only male Prince of the King of the Underwater Capital, life was easy and boring. His Father treated him like a Normal child but bestowed a regal Legacy and arduous training to be the Best. A he grew older, from toddler to a Child, merman could see that his Tail was the most beautiful to ever exist, pearlescent purples, reds, greens, and ceruleans intermixed in an intricate pattern unseen by any other Lemurian. His skin was like the most delicate Artcrafts of Pottery, white, shiny, and almost translucent like the Moonlight reflected on a calm Sea. And his Voice? It was like the Sea could speak for itself, calm yet Ferocious when angered. His song? The Most captivating, it could control even the Queen when he wanted with just a low-key note and chant.

The Queen tried his best to take care of an unknown orphaned child as if it were her own.

Most princesses were envious of the only Crown Prince, as they were already capable of remembering that in Fact, he was not their brother by Blood, but by their Father's mandate.

He grew, unknowingly of all the background stories about his origins, as only the Most Loyal to the Royal Family knew of the existence of a Prophecy and Rafayel's place on it.

A child without many emotions, just an endless curiosity for more and more of everything.

He was self-taught with the most admired masters of all crafts, History, and even, warfare. As of Now, some Lemurians wanted to investigate Humankind warfare and create their own.

It's been a while since Humans found more of their kind, so well-hidden under the Sea. Only the most desperate for the sunlight would get captured, and by then, Most of them were afraid of the captivating sunlight and its warmth. Afraid of the surface and its dangers.

Rafayel himself never thought about something existing outside of his Tower, outside of the darkness and cold water of the Sea. Even though, small voices told him 'how warm the Above water is', 'how blue and vast the sky is' and how bad 'the warm skinned monsters were when they captured said voices in cruel methods to feed themselves'.

He was too small, then, to understand that said voices were part of his understanding of the Sea and its creatures. How omniscient we would be, when dreaming, seeing what a jellyfish could feel, floating adrift, or Seeing the underwater world from the eye of one of its predators, Sharks. For him, they were dreams, translucent voices of its over-thinking brain and Imagination.

Time passed relentlessly slowly.

Rafayel, even tho already a Hundred Years had passed, was still a Child. The King feared that the God of The Seas, even though He looked Lemurian, needed more time to grow and mature. So he was kept inside the Palace and never allowed to leave. His only company was his Father, grayish beard and cerulean orbs, dark tail, and matted scales. His Masters, old and young, beautiful and Ethereal. And his annoying sisters, envious and crude with their rants.
Mother often visited him and Sang about Lemurian lore, stories long forgotten unless sung by its people.

Bored, He started to Paint using corals that floated to his Tower, smashing them into colors. He painted the Sea. Its animals and its changes of colors and flow. Painted dreams, of sunlight and Above flora and fauna. Painted warmth or what he thought it would be, in a Dream.

When he was older and understood, that his dreams, were reality, he tried to escape. At first, he failed and failed and failed.

The guards kept finding him before he could even leave his Tower. Yet, he kept trying, and trying, and trying. Until one day, he thought hard about materializing outside and unknowingly to Him, Appeared outside in the Blink of an Eye, feeling Warmth and fire from the tips of his purplish hair to its ethereal tail.

Suddenly, he was, for the first time, Outside. Outside the tall and gloomy tower, he called his home. It was late at night, so his parents would be sleeping. The Guards would not know of his outing, so he had not used any doors. How he had done, he didn't know. Back then, he still did not know about his Powers as the God of The Seas. Back then, he didn't know about his control of inextinguishable fire.

Back then, He knew nothing about himself apart from what was taught by the Masters of the Sea.

With an excited smile, he swam up, up, up.

Until the water was not cold, where the flora was green and alive, until the fish that welcomed him was colorful until he could see the moon reflected on the surface of the Sea.

When he breached the surface and breathed for the first time, he coughed, as his body was not used to breathing over water. Then, a group of dolphins appeared by his side, explaining -and surprisingly he could understand their voices- how to breathe. He tried, and tried, until his coughing subsided and his young lungs absorbed oxygen and turned it into quiet and paused breaths.

Then, his ruby-cerulean orbs watched the Sky, its magnificence and vast extension, its shining Stars and a half-full moon, reflected into his pearlescent skin. He felt warmth. Extended his arms, extended his tail, and let himself float above the Sea, Lost in the Stars.

He was content, not confused about all his findings, as they were part of himself. A Himself, that he had to keep exploring, finding, and achieving to evolve into what, unknown to Himself, some God above prophesied.

He floated, and floated, and floated, being guided by the currents of the Sea, into the Unknown.