Heartbeats

Rafayel closed the door and felt his big boy facade go down, He stared into the mirror and felt a blush that started from his ears to his chest, pink-looking and tickling.

'Oh holy Jellyfishes' He said, blowing himself up so that the heat would dissipate from his face. He wanted to scream into his fist, how beautiful and trusting Enoria was. How easily he was able to walk to his side, touch her, feel her, and enjoy her presence, to heal a void he didn't know he had, deep down into his very soul (if he had one, of that, Rafayel wasn't sure).'

He focused on inhaling and exhaling, looking at the mirror. When He saw what the Humans made on his face, all that strange and bad quality paint, furrowed his eyebrows, he looked horrendous. His beauty had been sullied and he would never be as beautiful as he was...

He looked around, catching a glimpse of the bath resting against a window, still and pristine.

'Hey, Enoria!' He said, walking closer to the door. The silence was his only answer and he smiled. Rafayel bet that the girl was pulling out her hair behind the door, trying to control his nerves. 'Can I use the bath?'

Still silence.

'I need to wash the horrible paint they did on my body, all the sparkling bling bling itches and bothers me in unmentionable places.'

Rafayel closed his eyes, trying to focus on the bond, feeling her tsunami of confusion, shame and was that attraction? He smirked.

'Are you here or have you left already?' He sings, amused.

Enoria smacked the door.

'YOU KNOW THAT LEAVING IS NOT A LUXURY THAT I HAVE!' He almost screamed, angry. 'Do whatever you want but don't leave scales clogging my bathroom!'

Rafayel laughed, wanting to rile her up until all she felt was the fearsome attraction.

'No worries about that, I'm naked like a Human baby' He said, smiling as the bond turned red. 'Don't dare open the door~'

Rafayel heard the chain being dragged against the floor, the bed screeching and a scream being muffled against a pillow.

He wanted to laugh, letting the bedrobe fall to the floor.  Feeling playful, like a dolphin playing with prey, he decided to open the door a little, sticking his arm through the crack. From where he could see through the opening, he could see the surprised and blushing face of the girl, who was observing the sheet as if it were something perverse.

'In case you get cold' He sings, looking at Enoria. She pulled something out from a shelf, a book, and Rafayel managed to close the door before a loud knock was heard. She had thrown him against the bathroom door, without mercy.

'Oi, oi' He sighed. 'You almost killed me' As if she could.

Then, the scream: 'You perverted squid!!!!'

He laughed, walking naked to the bath and seeing himself being reflected against a mirror. To be honest, it was the first time I saw him naked in his Human form. His physique is toned and athletic thanks to the time he spent dedicated to his training with his Masters, and his lean frame allowed him to move with ease and speed, silently. Despite his stature, he is still capable of demonstrating a more delicate side to his physique such as his softer facial features and gentle gestures. His overall body structure could be considered to be strong and muscular yet still retaining some level of femininity, like most Lemurian males.

'Hey Enoria' He decided to rile her up, before opening the water. 'It's the first time that I've seen a mirror and I understand why I got you all flustered and nervous' He smirked. 'My human skin is so soft and smooth, except for all the shiny stuff your people painted on me, so are my muscles that are built perfectly... never saw the appeal of human legs but they are quite fit, for never having been used before~'

Enoria screamed. 'Fuck off and just shower, jellyfish!'

And Rafayel decided to open the water, letting it run. Would she ever lack sea species to use them as surnames? He made a face, as the water running was potable water made for Humans, so it lacked all the nutrients that he needed to be healthy, and beautiful and to survive, as seawater had proprieties necessary for Lemurian to maintain their beauty.

Once the bad was full of water, he went in and sighed when in contact with the water. The bath was big but not enough to bring out his tail, so he decided to keep it hidden. He scrubbed his body with a sponge, especially carefully scrubbing the scales on his torso and neck, removing the glitter and human makeup. When he felt clean, he decided to pay attention to his face, sinking into the water. Lemurians had gills but contrary to what humans believed, they were integrated into their nose, capable of breathing underwater and also processing oxygen from the outside. They were completely all-terrain, although they preferred the comfort of water, as well as its pressure, to the external pollution caused by humans.

Even though, Rafayel was more resilient than the others.

Lemurians needed to be in contact with water, always, when walking above water, so they had necklaces with seawater from their homes. They also needed to take long baths in seawater, to be able to survive and don't feel like dried algae under the sun.

During his training with Masters of all kinds of talents, he noticed that: even tho his skin looked soft and weak, it was strong enough to survive in the most extreme temperatures, even in the deepest of waters where most wouldn't even adventure, too icy for them. He could survive outside of water like a Human and he didn't need seawater to walk above water as all the other Lemurians, that's why most of the humans had them inside of water tanks, collected like art pieces.

The water running was warm, so different from the hot spring in his Palace. He sighed, still breathing underwater, and focused on the noise of water running. Eyes open, he enjoyed to see reality blur. His fingers rubbed his eyelids violently, removing the remains of makeup and seeing how the water, slowly, became dirty with purple and blue. When satisfied, he surfaced, breathing oxygen from above and letting his nose adapt.

He listened to soft knocks. And then, Enoria's soft voice.

'Hey Rafayél' She said, Lemurian pronunciation still lacking. 'It's been almost an hour, everything alright?' She sounded worried and that warmed his heart, the bond blue with worries and uncertainty.

Rafayel cleared his throat.

'Yes, yes' He said, smiling. 'You don't need such an excuse to see me naked'

With that, the bond turned red again, angry.

She knocked loudly.

'You are such a pervert!' She screamed. 'And I don't want to see you naked, like NEVER'

Rafayel disagreed, now was too early, but soon enough...

'You're so eager... my love' He whispered, feeling all soft. Undertones of pink and attraction could be felt in their bond. It was a shame that she wouldn't ever feel it like him. He was not sure about what she could feel, as Humans would never sense a bond like a Lemurian. She would never feel him like Rafayel felt her. It was almost like a one-sided love story, he had to earn her love whilst he was still fated and bonded to her for all eternity.

He would wait, eons for her, but in the end, he would finally mate her. It was their destiny. He knew, so sure of it, like how he knew the tides or the movements of the sea.

He would have all her. Soon.

The blush on his ears when thinking about her wasn't missed on the mirror, as was his faint but proud smile.