Slowly reaching out to you

Rafayel raised an eyebrow, his worry turning into a half grin as he spoke up slowly and playfully.

"You won... is that all you have to say?" His chuckle reverberated through the room as he leaned casually against the wall, crossing his legs. His playful side was starting to come out again but, his eyes kept searching her, trying to confirm that she was indeed okay, not hurt, safe. 'Don't I deserve some sort of prize for enduring all that worry and stress you managed to put me through?" His tone softened, laced with playful affection, his expression had become more mischievous after seeing that she was, indeed, okay.

He took notice of her small smile, but as the girl tried to sit, it turned into a frown when she felt hurt on his back after staying seated on the floor for so long.

The bond flashed white, hurt and Rafayel inhaled, eyes searching for what was aching as he winced, feeling the sharp pain as if it were his own. His breath caught, and his eyes darted around, seeking the source of the pain from the girl. He approached her a bit too quickly, kneeling next to Enoria and looking at her worriedly, eyes searching.

'Are you alright?' His eyes noticed Enoria's hand caressing her back and he hid a smile in sympathy, realizing the toll the hard floor had taken on her. 'You sat there, for so long like that... It's obvious that your ass would hurt' He teased with concern in his voice.

She nodded, a beautiful flush. She tried to stand up but her legs were also numb, could not move at all, after so many hours of sitting in the same position. The ache of stiffness held her captive, and she remained kneeling, vulnerable and helpless.

Rafayel noticed her struggles in trying to stand up and also saw her puppy eyes, almost pleading with him without words that she needed to be cared for. His concern deepened, etching lines of worry on his brow. Without hesitation, he moved closer, his touch gentle as he eased her back down. Kneeling beside her, he cradled her face in his hands, his thumbs brushing away invisible worries.

The bond between them flared, an invisible thread pulling them closer, and he knew he couldn't ignore it any longer.

'I will now collect my prize' He declared openly, without any further hesitation, gently lifting her by using his left arm and hugging the princess with his right, holding her close.

They were suddenly enclosed in a hug and Rafayel felt the bond sigh in contentment. He smiled against her caramel hair.

'Okay, I will carry you to bed." His breath was warm against her skin. "Just... don't move too much." His concern was evident, and he waited, seeking her consent before proceeding.

When she nodded, puppy eyes on full display, with the utmost care, Rafayel lifted her into his arms. Her weight felt surprisingly light. He cradled her against his chest, surrounding her waist with one arm.

Rafayel carried her into the living room, instead of the bed, he sat her down carefully on the chair, making sure not to hurt her even more.

His gaze lingered on her face, etching this moment into memory. Enoria, vulnerable and precious, nestled in his arms.

'Here.' he stepped back. After doing so, he looked intently at her, keeping his distance and looking at how her blush dissipated slowly. 'Can I ask you something, Your Highness?' His eyes searched hers. 'Is this what you wanted? To bear the weight of all my worries, just so you could declare yourself the winner of a silly game?' His teasing smile danced in his eyes that remained fixed on her.

Enoria exhaled, feeling a lot more comfortable now than hours before. She grimaced when her legs were still feeling numb, so she leaned down to massage them. Rafayel noticed.