Fleeting moments

Time goes on, and every day that passed, the warmth that started thanks to silly games became permanent in the lives of one Lemurian and one Human princess.

Lukian listened to their change of behavior with a smile on his lips and heavy heart. With every take about their seemingly fated love, the older mermen, wise and knowing about pain and desperation, seemed to think that everything seemed too beautiful, too perfect to be true. But hope always remained, and even though carrying burdens on his heavy heart, he felt happy for their prince.

A new routine also started. After his dusk exploring and saving of Lemuria, some nights, he teleported to Enoria instead of staying in his room. Now, she knew of his fire trick, so he always teleported to her bathroom, and waited inside for her maid, other times, the royal doctor, to leave, before exiting to her chamber.

Rafayel felt the happiest he ever felt, amazed that being in love and it being corresponded, felt so incredibly perfect, and euphoric. Enoria, even though feeling timidly shy, did as she promised, never bidding on her newly found feelings for him. Yet, they only hug, still not used to the intimacy of venturing into more.

Their afternoons, felt like stolen moments. Stolen from what? They still didn't know.

It was a lazy Monday and the room was bathed in a soft, golden glow —the last rays of the setting sun filtering through the curtains

It was a lazy Monday and the room was bathed in a soft, golden glow —the last rays of the setting sun filtering through the curtains. Enoria's bed, adorned with delicate sheets, seemed to invite them closer. Rafayel sat at the edge, his heart racing as he watched her. He had to fight against Lemurian instincts everyday now that they were getting to know each other, not in a platonic way.

'You know,' Enoria said, her voice a whisper, 'this feels like a stolen moment.' She held a plate of sweet strawberries, their red hue matching the blush on her cheeks. She still remembered what eating this fruit caused on their relationship. They even joked about strawberries, preferring them before other fruits when together.

Rafayel chuckled, reaching for the fruir. 'Maybe stolen moments are the sweetest,' he replied, his fingers brushing against hers. He lifted the fruit to her lips, watching as she took a delicate bite. The taste lingered on her lips, and he leaned in, hugging her.

'Mmm...' Enoria murmured against his chest. 'Your turn.' She held out another strawberry, and Rafayel obliged, feeding her with equal tenderness.

As they lay side by side, the world outside faded away. Their laughter filled the room, mingling with the scent of the sea. Rafayel traced patterns on her skin, memorizing every freckle.

'Enoria,' he whispered, 'This feels perfect" His fingers brushed against her cheek, and she turned to face him. 'The perfect afternoon'

She smiled, her eyes reflecting the fading light.

'Maybe it's the magic of stolen moments,' she said. 'Or maybe it's just us.'

And as they fed each other strawberries, their hearts danced to a melody only they could hear—a melody that whispered promises of more stolen moments, of more.