Heart Scale

'Queen Mother' said Rafayel, surprised as he hugged her back. 'Why are you here?'

Queen Lumeria smiled, hugging what she thought was her only son. Real or not. She raised him for more than 800 years and so, she loved him as her Own. And like most Mothers notice, Lemurian men love to play with possible mates before choosing, even more, when Ebb Day was approaching. Never her son.

So she observed, took notice of all his behaviors, and concluded that his son already had a mate, somewhere else. He was faithful, never looked at other Lemurians, and followed the physical urges most males his age had before adulthood. A Lemurian, once mated, could only show devotion to the owner of his heart scale.

She knew, that if her Son was still rational and well functioning, was because he was a God, not a Lemurian. Lemurians were affectionate and passionate, so he would have turned crazy without touching his mate once a day since the bond came alive. Maybe because he was still a child when his heart scale turned brown his body got used to not sharing affection with its mate. Maybe because he was a God. They would never know, as little was known of Rafayel except the Prophecy.

But because a Prophecy existed, She thought that she had to warn him. As it clearly stated about love.

The King didn't want to warn him, as Love would give him a weakness. But she felt that she needed to tell him, as Love can give one strength.

'My love' Queen Mother said. 'I just wanted to visit you before your birthday celebrations'

She looked at him, more handsome and beautiful each passing day. Ethereal. The most perfect being to ever exist underseas. Because he was a God. Not a Mortal, nor Lemurian.

He didn't even know, but she suspected that He always felt like a stranger, different from its kind, with all his unique attributes and grandiose powers.

'Sit by my side' she ordered, petting the bed beside herself. He sat down, looking at her with a strange expression.

'Your father will talk about something important, tonight, after your celebrations' She said, taking his son's hand between her own. 'But I wanted to prepare you first, so his words won't hurt you and just in case he omits important details about what it entrails'.

Rafayel braced himself, knowing that most of his questions about his sole being would be answered in a few moments.

'When Humans started to attack us, destroy our cities, slave and hurt us, most Lemurians started to pray' She started. 'Lemurians lived long lives and weren't originally devoted to any religion nor god, as you well know' She breathed in. 'When everything seemed lost, we prayed for a God of the Seas, someone to save us from the Human's Calamity.' She breathed out. 'It was unfair that Humans had a God, Astra, but we never had one for ourselves. Luckily, one day, Foreseer, Astra's vessel, listened to our prayers and gave a Prophecy instead. He said that Astra dictated that a God of The Seas would appear and with it, our nation would become stronger and survive. It didn't say when nor who, but stated that:

With her melodious voice, she sang:

A God of the Seas would be born from ardent Fire, a Lemurian with powers of the Seas, to balance the situation with the Humans, as Lemurians were essential for the existence and balance of this world. A creature that would save its people, with all the vast knowledge of the Seas, absolute control of it, and unfair beauty. He would be a God, like Astra himself, but instead of using a Vassel, would be alive in a mortal's plane thanks to the Seas. The first and last God of The Seas. Capable of devouring cities and defending the in-defense mermans against Humankind. Yet, We Lemurians cannot turn against Humankind and destroy them, as Lemurians would soon be destroyed as well, to keep the balance of the world.