Chapter 7

I go to the only place that I know will have the answers I need; my house.

I ignore Ben's calls behind me, pleading silently that he'll leave me alone so that I can figure this out for myself. I need answers from my mom and I just hope that she'll give me them without trying to sugarcoat everything. I know that my mom thinks that she's protecting me from everything, but in reality she's making me more vulnerable. I'm 17, I can't be sheltered for all of my life.

I know she's invited Will's family, she was fairly close to them before we were attacked and they had moved just before...lucky them. Just when things start falling into place, the guy I hate is about to show up on my doorstep. I don't know when they're coming but I do know from the tree's and the leaves on the floor that it's soon.

I push the door open and it flies from my tantrum that's about to spill over. I storm into the kitchen and my mom's relaxing, sitting on the bar stool and reading a magazine. My prescence cause her to look at me, she looks like a deer in the headlights. My anger is radiating off me like tidal waves and she notics straight away. She knows that I know.
Ben is soon in the same room, stoo behind me in the doorway. I didn't want him to see my anger but he just had to follow.

"You invited them?" I ask angrily. It's more of a statement than a question ecause I know they wouldn't come without her permission and she was far too friendly in my vision to be surprised at their arrival.

She closes her magazine, her mouth open but no words are following.

"Why?" I ask "Why do you feel the need to bring the past into the present?" I ask, walkingaround the kitchen island so that I'm beside her. Ben moves forward so he's almost in between us, stood at the top of the dark blue island. My anger is almost as bad as when I found Will and Elana, it happens when I feel betrayal, I just never thought I'd feel it towards my own mom.

She stands carefully, her eyes pinned on me "I was going to tell you" She begins slowly "They rang me, asked me how I was, asked how we all were" She responds, talking to me like I'm a child.

I clench my teeth. "So you thought hey, I'll just invite them into our new lives? We were supposed to leave them in the past! I had to move on mom, how is this fair?" I shout, my anger building.

It was my mom who suggested a new life, a fresh start, a place where we were supposed to build our happiness. How am I supposed to move on or build happiness if she's inviting them back into our lives?

I can feel Ben stepping closer, but still being wary not to step too close. "They are one of the few families that survived! One of the very few that managed to stay as a family. I was still Luna and it's my job to welcome them when and where I can"

My face scrunches up "Well aren't you kind! Why don't you question why they were on of the few families stick together? Mr Trent is a coward!"

"They were my friends Arabella!" She snaps, banging her foot on the floor, the room shaking slightly. Ben looks around, holding his arms out slightly, fearing for all of our safety. Me and my mom don't react, this isn't the first argument that we've had like this. "It has been tough for me! I lost your father. I'm left with no mate, no pack and two daughters that I have to bring up alone! I need friends as company, we've all be through a lot" Her tone softens at the end but I'm refusing to feel sorry for her.

"We all did. Listen to what you just said and ask yourself one very important question of who's been there for me?" I wait a second or two, there's silence. "Who's been my shoulder to cry on whilst I've been yours and Emmy's? She doesn't answer "And now ask yourself why I'd be angryabout you inviting people who didn't help us, or didn't help their pack. Not to mention that their son's a complete ass"