Chapter 20

I forget about our disagreement and just live in the now. I place my hands on his cheeks and kiss him, leading it this time. It's my mouth that wants his and my body that's crying out for him, probably because I want the tears to be held back but they're threatening to spill even more.

Ben runs me a bath and leaves so that I can have some time to myself. I have a candle lit bath in the free standing tub, listening to soft music. This is what I needed today and I never realised it. I'm just 17 and my life has become a tornado of drama where the last thing on my mind is having a relaxing bath.

Once I'm bathed and ready to get out of the heavenly scented tub, I wrap the silk dressing gown around me, another thing that Ben made sure was in here. I step out of the ensuite and into the walk-in wardrobe with a towel on my head. I can feel the luscious carpet beneathe my feet. Just on time, there's a knock at the door and I see Maya, it's like she's been waiting to hear me get out of the bath. 

She's holding a makeup box in one hand and a bag of hair appliances in another. Her face has a wide smile on it and I can't help but laugh. "A little bit eager for this, are we?" 

She winks "You bet." I nod for her to come in and she goes straight to the dress, gasping at the look of it on the bed. "It even better in person!" 

I raise my brows "You've seen it?" 

She rolls her eyes and I realise that it was a silly question. "Duh, of course I have." I chuckle and make my way into the walk in wardrobe where there's a Chesterfield stool for me to sit on whilst Maya gets to work on my face. I've never been one for makeup, but I don't mind sitting whilst Maya does it. She's very quick at creating a masterpiece and even better, she distracts me whilst she does. 

This couldn't have been planned for long and I'm even more surprised that it's in the week. I guess that with the previous feud between my grandma and the way she acts, it's probably best that they are doing this sooner rather than later so that no one bites anyone's heads off or curses them. I have faith that my Grandma will get along with the wolves just fine, she just likes to make an entrance, would she really be a witch if she didn't? I watch as Maya dances around the room as she makes her way to get my satin dress off the bed and she gasps as she holds the midnight blue material up in front of me.

"It's going to look even better than I thought!" She squeals. 

I laugh "Well lets get it on, it's already nearly 5." 

I stops, raising one brow at me. "Patience please. You can't rush beauty."

I laugh again and allow her to take all the time in the world as she helps me into the dress. It's a good job I feel comfortable around Maya because there's no chance that she's allowing me to be alone in this whole getting ready experience. 

"How do you feel?" She asks as I look in the floor length mirror. I'm shocked by the girl who stares back, the girl who looks completely different. hHer tired eyes no longer have bags underneath them, the green iris' look bright and alert. My lips are a dark nude colour which compliments how plump they are and my cheek bones look even more defined thanks to Maya's perfect contouring. 

The dress hugs my figure and shows every single curve off, it even make my boobs look bigger than they are and the low back shows off the definition of shoulder blades and upper back. The dress goes down to the knee, making it sassy but alluring at the same time and the heels aren't as difficult to walk in as I firs thought. 

Wanting to show my back off, Maya has put my brown hair in a curly, messy up-do and I'm completely blown away from how much she's been able to do in such a short space of time.