Chapter 22

"Bring them on in" I say with a pained smile before turning around to look at Ben "May as well add to the acting, isn't that right honey?"

He takes a deep breath, calming himself and putting on the fake smile that I know so well. "We'll go and meet them, are they in the foyer?" 

His dad shakes his head "They're in the front room, they seem rather excited." 

Oh, I'm sure they are. 

Ben and I head down the hall with quite a bit of distance between us, the furthest we've been apart since we met. I don't even think that there was this much tension between us when we first got off on the wrong foot. 

I take a deep breath as we get closer to the other pack who I can smell from down the hall. They've got an oak smell, it's rather refreshing. Ben doesn't say anything before we walk in, neither of us have to. We know that we need to get a pack on our side because once we have one it'll make it easier to get more. 

With Ben being a good actor and me feeling guilty for causing this mess by coming to live here, I'm sure we'll convince them. 

There's two people, a man and a woman. The woman has long black hair down to below her breasts, it's thick and frames her face. She's tanned with dark brown eyes, making her look hispanic. The man is tall but not as muscular as Ben which surprises me for an Alpha. Then there's another man which I'm guessing is their beta. He has dark hair too, longer than the other man and it's been slicked back. They've come in jeans and shirts, the woman is in a yellow dress which is very bright and summery. 

"Sofia, Alberto, thank you so much for coming all this way." Ben says, putting on a smile and extending his arms to welcome them. 

I watch him wth amazement, the talent he has at pretending like everything is fine is nothing like I've ever seen before. I force a smile onto my face and stand beside him before telling my feet to move so that I stay by his side. 

He gives Alberto a hug, both of them patting each others backs like they're old friends. This could be why they're the first to come and visit us. It makes sense as I watch them both smile like they're happy to be reunited, these aren't fake smiles. Sofia smiles at me and I feel like a spare part, not knowing who any of these people are. I don't even really know who Ben is. 

"Sofia, it's great to see you again, I see you've been keeping Alberto in line" He says, leaning in to kiss both of her cheeks. 

She chuckles "Well, someone has to" she has an accent which confirms what I thought she looked like, she's hispanic and I have a feeling them both might be. I never questioned where they were from because I wasn't aware that they were ever invited. 

"Alberto, Sofia, this is my mate and future Luna of the pack, Arabella." Ben introduces, putting his hand on my back. 

I want to send a shock through it, mad at him for thinking that he can touch me. the show must go on, I suppose. 

"The famous witch" Alberto says in a friendly tone and a wide smile "It's great to meet you" 

I giggle with nerves as he comes in for two kisses on my cheeks. "It's great to meet you too." I say politely before turning to Sofia. 

She smiles like I've known her forever. he's friendly and welcoming, her touch even more so. She kisses two cheeks and hugs me closely "You don't smell as different as I thought you would" She whispers, making me want to cuss Ben for it. 

I've lost my witch scent, my scent for a liar. 

"Well, maybe that's why people are finding it easier to be in a room with me." I joke lightly.