Ichi

"Breathe in, breathe out. Remember your breathing son." Your father instructed watching your movements closely.

The aged man's long hair was black and graying. He had a goatee covering the bottom half of his face. His eyes were grey and focused on you intently. His deep blue cape was adorned with a pale white hide that covered the collars.

You were of a similar appearance to the man. Your hair was longer, and black was tied nicely behind your head. With a blue coat covering your body.

You practiced your forms flowing through different movements. Your father smiled, observing the flow of your movements.

"Good, good, now move the water in the vase." He ordered motioning to the jar of water in front of you.

"Alright." You stated, applying the movements to the flow of the water in the jar.

"When you are bending, you must remember to be just like water. Be adaptable and flexible like the element you are bending."

"I know, dad." You muttered in a heated tone. This just caused your father to chuckle.

"It is always good to reiterate the most fundamental of subjects. Plus, if you know so much, why do you still need an old teacher like me?" Your father retorted, making you laugh.

With a spin of yours arms, you stepped forward. Summoning the water from the jar. Through the swinging of your arms, the water split and began to swirl around you. Forming a ring of water around you.

"Good, good, now part the horse's mane." He again ordered.

You nodded, forming a ball like shape with the curl of your arms and hands. The water around you formed into an orb of water above you. You then took a step forward, splitting the water into a stream of spiraling water.

"Excellent! Now your final move. Give substance to the water." He again commanded.

You nodded before taking a step back, summoning the water in front of you. In another breath, the water froze into a block of ice.

"Fantastic! You truly are on track to becoming a master son." Your father exclaimed, placing a firm pat on your shoulder.

"Thanks, dad, it's all thanks to my old teacher." You replied, placing a pat on his shoulder.

This made your father laugh.

"Aha, I would hope so! Now, let's take a small break." Your father bellowed, walking away from the training area.

You laughed, following after your father.

Leaving the walls of the training area led into the village of Tó'sikaaz or the Cold Water Village. Years ago, the village was created under the leadership of your father and his fellow waterbenders. In order to create a stronghold in the lands of the Southern Water Tribes. Your father is the great Yang Langchao. One of the greatest waterbenders within both water tribes.

Together with his fellow waterbenders, he was able to create this stronghold of ice and snow. Thr buildings were molded after the beautiful architecture of Ba Sing Sei. The buildings lined one another. The central hall was modeled after the northern water tribe's pagoda castle. But with fewer levels than the actual one.

It was a beautiful village and was fairly full of people of the water tribe.

This has been your home since the age of 10 and was the Southern Water Tribe's biggest secret.

Your father walked towards the central pagoda. The top third floor of this pagoda was your home. The two of you walked through the happy village.

"Good evening, Y/N!" You looked back to two adolescent children. One was a girl with a high pony tail and a thick blue coat. The other was an older boy with bushy shorter hair.

They waved happily and ran towards you.

"Good evening, Kuru and Kara. Shouldn't you all be helping grams with her dinner?" You questioned, hugging the two children.

They both laughed and nodded.

"Grams got mad at us because we couldn't cut the cabbages correctly." The girl named Kara replies.

Kuru nodded before he continued.

"So we were playing outside. Maybe she won't be mad at you!" The boy stayed.

You laughed, shaking your head.

"Even grams says I can't do things right. And I'm the best in-law in the village!" You exclaimed with a laugh.

The two children giggled before continuing.

"Well, where's your big, strong man?" The two questioned in unison.

Your face turned red at this question. You laughed it off and continued.

"Who needs a big strong man when you're already your own big, strong man." You answered.

The two kids laughed before they nodded.

"Let this be a lesson to you kids. As much as the idea of another person in your life seems appealing. You are good enough to exist by yourself." Your father chimed in, causing you to nod at his remark.

"Yeah, now you'd best head to the central hall to get dinner." You stated, causing the two to nod.

"Ok!" They exclaimed in unison, quickly rushing off to the central pagoda.

You rose back up to your father's level.

"Mr. Life Lesson over here." You joked, continuing to walk to the pagoda.

"Oho! You don't get this old without learning a thing or two about battle and."

"Hey, Y/N!" A familiar deep voice remarked rising from the crowds of people.

"Akai." You replied, waving to the male.

The taller male walked towards you and smiled. He was the same age as you and was a skilled waterbender and hunter. His black hair was tied back in a ponytail behind his head.

"Y/N, I-I just wanted to ask if you wanted to eat together during the feast tonight." He offered placing a hand behind his neck.

"Oh, uhm." Your face turned red, making him turn red.

"S-sure!" You exclaimed, bowing your head.

The male smiled before he nodded.

"Alright, great!" He exclaimed, quickly running off to his friends.

You waved towards him with a warm smile. This caused your father to chuckle as he walked in front of you. This broke you from this trance of attraction. You looked back to him lost from your previous conversation.

"And what?" You questioned, looking to the aged man. He let out a light chuckle.

"And love." He answered, continuing towards the pagoda.

"Wah. Dad." You sighed, looking away.

"Come on, Y/N. Let's eat." Your dad ordered rising up to the entrance of the great hall.

"Alright..." You replied, continuing to follow him.

How nice it was, home. . .

A/N: A remake of a past flame of mine.

#1024