Hachi

The crisp Arctic air never felt so good against your face.

You gripped onto the railing of the ship. A smile crossed your face, and the feeling of connection ran through your body. A contented sigh escaped your lips.

"What are you doing out here?" Zuko questioned, appearing at your side.

Your eyes widened as you turned to him.

"Uhm, iceberg watching?" You jeered, avoiding a blast of fire coming towards you.

"Woah! I'm not trying to escape!" You yelled, avoiding another blast.

"Doesn't mean you won't try!" Zuko yelled, throwing a kick towards you.

You dodged this kick, using the force of his attack to push him back. Zuko slid a few feet back, groaning as he did so.

"You little!" He exclaimed, preparing to strike again.

"Wait! I was just getting fresh air! I can't stand the air you breathe in there!" You yelled, holding your hands up in defeat.

Zuko's stance eased up as he perked his head up.

"What are you even talking about?" He questioned in a bitter tone.

You frowned before looking back out to the sea.

"I guess it's different from you firebenders. But for us, we can not exist without moisture in the air. It always feels like we're being choked out of air." You explained, walking towards the edge of the ship.

Zuko's angry demeanor dropped as he watched you. Walking closer towards you.

"It feels like our skin is dry. Our blood has run dry." You continued.

"It just feels cold. I don't see what's so special about air out here." Zuko interjected, standing behind you.

You sighed, looking up to the passing icebergs.

"You don't feel it. The warmth of the cold air, the feeling of water all around you. It's like home." You whispered, holding onto your arms.

Zuko let out a scoff, turning away from you.

The little breath of air he released lunged forward. It caught onto the nape of your neck. You shivered, feeling the warmth of the prince's neck. The feeling was like nearly touching flame. It was infatuating.

You looked back, seeing him walk away. You thought he'd finish his attack. Strange...

 Strange

#359